Crazy Idea but need feedback.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just changed the CAT converter off my car with a high flow CAT. The old one went to s**t. So my problem is that my exhuast is louder to the point where i cant stand it anymore. FYI i have an aftermarket exhuaust.

My crazy idea is to get a stock exhaust, but not sacrafice a lil tone on my car. So i want to know if its crazy if i buy a used G35 or a S2000 stock exhuast and get it welded one with 2.5 piping? Im only going to use one.
IS that crazy or would it be a good idea? Any feedback is welcomed...well not all feedbacks...keep your worthless comments for your mama. 8)

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, sure :what: why the hell not lol

defvayne

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
haha, sure :what: why the hell not lol
im still iffy about it.... just dont know if the sound is going to be produced from my weakass d16.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get a resonator. Done. Simple. Cheap. Works.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know that part of the sound from a s2k or g35 is the motor itself,you cant just slap on an exhaust from another car and expect it to sound like it.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would a high flow cat work on my stock exhaust system? just curious, cause i can get one for free

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr.Luder said:
would a high flow cat work on my stock exhaust system? just curious, cause i can get one for free
it wouldnt help much considering its going stock exhaust to cat back to stock exhaust. im no expert but you might gain a couple horses and it might be a tad louder.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
just get a resonator. Done. Simple. Cheap. Works.
agreed.. easiest way to solve your problem.

i hope u dont want those exhaust because of the sound they make.. sound varies from piping, cat, resonator, and mainly engine.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or buy one of your quieter exhaust and put bigger piping on it, i.e comptech rs.r ( i know latinem1) has a comptech axle back he's trying to sell, as far as the rest of them its gonna be trial and error, i've "HEARD" that if you put a acura tl muffler on them w/ 2.5 pipe its supposed to sound similar to a 350z but thats a HEARD

Jibber

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and plus wouldn't it look kinda funny with two exhaust pipes hanging out of a civic??

defvayne

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jibber said:
and plus wouldn't it look kinda funny with two exhaust pipes hanging out of a civic??
I stated that i was only going to use one muffler, not two. Well i dont know what to do really i guess ima wait and get custom piping done and see if that lowers the tone a little.

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bro is putting a stock S200 echaust on his eg hatch. Ill post pics of it later. *hes cutting it into a single, not the single to dual.

-Jason

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ej6.Brian said:
it wouldnt help much considering its going stock exhaust to cat back to stock exhaust. im no expert but you might gain a couple horses and it might be a tad louder.
i dont care if i gain or not..i just want my stock exhaust alittle louder

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr.Luder said:
i dont care if i gain or not..i just want my stock exhaust alittle louder
if you want your stock louder, have an exhaust shop remove the resonator and it will sound a lil bit better, my buddy did that on his lude and it sounded surprislingly good, he also did it w/ his 350z and damn did that sound good

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
if you want your stock louder, have an exhaust shop remove the resonator and it will sound a lil bit better, my buddy did that on his lude and it sounded surprislingly good, he also did it w/ his 350z and damn did that sound good
wuts a resonator? that one thing on the mid pipe were the pipe is bigger?

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a resonator goes after the catalytic converter, and it basically resonates or makes the sound less so the car is not loud.
it is also restricting, but not too much