Cruise control

fast_thatsit

My cruise doesn't seem to work in my 93 hatch. The little light comes on when I push the button, but it won't "set" when I push that button on the steering wheel. Any thoughts?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Check if the vacuum hoses going to the cruise control unit are loose/disconnected. Fuses good?

txcivic79

My horn and cruise don't work and the SRS light is on. I took out my cable reel and bought a new one that I am installing today. I am hopeful that will fix my problems as I tested the old cable reel and it was no good. The cruise switch was tested since it was all apart and it was also good. I can let you know if it fixes my problem.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My horn and cruise don't work and the SRS light is on. I took out my cable reel and bought a new one that I am installing today. I am hopeful that will fix my problems as I tested the old cable reel and it was no good. The cruise switch was tested since it was all apart and it was also good. I can let you know if it fixes my problem.
Just a wild guess, your brake lights probably don't work.

Cruise control, brake lights, and the horn are all protected by the same fuse. Check that fuse under the hood.

SRS light is likely a separate problem.

RonJ

Banned
Check the rubber stoppers that press on the cruise control cancel switches located at the top of the brake and clutch pedals. The stoppers may have broken or fallen out.

txcivic79

Brake lights work and I had already checked the fuses as well.
New cable reel is in and it fixed my horn, cruise, and SRS light after I reset it!

That was just my problem but that is what fixed it!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Brake lights work and I had already checked the fuses as well.
New cable reel is in and it fixed my horn, cruise, and SRS light after I reset it!

That was just my problem but that is what fixed it!
Oh didn't think of that, nice!

speedy7978

just for any one out there who searches this: I recently had my brake lights stay on..turned out to be the the little plastic piece on the brake pedal fixed it with a door trim insert and works great. a month later cruise stopped working on way to work, green light on button that activates cruise came on but the steering wheel controls did not and no dash light. Sweated a while, then it hit me...clutch pedal has same kind of button as brake, checked it and Voila! same problem. I did not think of it at first since the key would start the car and i assumed (key word) that it was the same one so it had to be good. Wrong. clutch/starter one is further up the pedal some where, the one for the cruise is exactly like the brake pedal one and whether a freak coincidence or not it failed about a month apart from the brake one. Fixed the cruise control problem for me. I had searched several forums with no luck so thought I would post my fix and spread the love. Love these forums, you guys have saved me a ton of money over the years.....