CRV amber cluster + EK9 carbon bezel = drooltastic

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i havent seen this combination elsewhere and thought i would share it with those of you looking to add some spice to your gauge cluster and dont want to spend mega-dollars on a JDM gauge cluster. this is a 97 CRV amber gauge cluster combined with a jdm EK9 carbon fiber bezel. I had to make one slight modification to the bezel to so that it would fit the CRV cluster (or any USDM cluster for that matter). it did not have the opening cut for the "maintenance required" indicator lamp reset button; i had to drill out this hole manually which took no more than 5 minutes. also the opening was not cut for the cruise control lamp so i cut it out as well and yes i know i did a shotty job with it cuz the drill slipped. cost of project was about $100. enjoy, and comments welcome

Last edited:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not bad at all bro..! I've been thinking of getting a crv cluster.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I like it, didn't they also come with a manual cluster too?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thanks for your comments guys. im really happy with the results
I like it, didn't they also come with a manual cluster too?
yes they do, but it is rediculously rare. in the last several months i have come across 1 manual CRV cluster, it was in fair condition and the seller wanted $140 +shipping. i personally can learn to ignore the gear indicator, it doesnt bother me anymore

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, how hard is it to actually wire it in? Is it all plug and play, or do you have to repin wires? B/c Ive really been wanting a CRV cluster.....it looks amazing! :thumbs up

Flip8Speed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah what about wiring it all up?it really looks good.i would love to do that....sweet mod for cheap tricks!!!!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
should just be plug and play. my Chilton civic manuel also has the integra and CRV. and they dont differenciate between the three...so i would figure it would be the same but idk, i didnt do it

looks sick btw

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow..looks good. i think i might go the CRV route instead of getting an SI cluster for double that price. the CRV cluster is plug and play.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good man, u should of let me known i found a manual crv cluster for cheap on a local forum

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a nice looking cluster.. Only thing is i wish it went past 120 and didnt have the automatic stuff

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
its a nice looking cluster.. Only thing is i wish it went past 120 and didnt have the automatic stuff
minus the automatic bar would be nice, but really after 120 what does it matter how fast your going? Your already over all the speed limits anyway.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks hella good! im def gettin the ek9 bezel..
i thought about getting a crv cluster before and most likely i woulda been a auto cluster. i thought about looking for/ordering the manual fuel/temp gauge face but i dont know how hard that would be. any ideas on that?

ryanM

wow, $100 for a gauge cluster is cheap?

i remember the good ol days when i bought my Si cluster for like $75 on here, and sold it for the same price. oh those were the days.

i do like the CRV cluster more tho, it was just too hard to find a manual one.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks good minus that cruise control cut out and you should have just taken off the maintenance button that no one uses anyways.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man you sure hacked the s**t out of that thing.