crx brake light issue

97FoeDoelx

ok so i have a 90 dx crx with jdm taillights but my issue is tht the brake lights dont work...they worked when i got the car in oct last year and i just notice the past month or so they are not working....when i get the car horn didnt work messed with the fuse still didnt work took the steering wheel off and the metal wasnt making contact for horn to work so fixed tht and horn worked and so did the brake lights then not to long ago dash lights went out fuse blew fixed tht....now the brake lights dont work and i cant tell if they are on or if they are not lighting up ive replaced bulds fusses and the brake light switch and im not sure where to go from there any ideas or help on the situation would help:D

THANKS

gugiey

Registered VIP
you probably have a short somewhere

unless you have a volt
meter then there's nothing more you can do .

only thing I suggest is to go from your brake light harness and follow it you might find a broken wire .

RonJ

Banned
If the brake light fuse and switch are good, then the next step is to use a test light or multimeter to check whether voltage reaches the brake bulb receptacles. If so, you have a ground wire problem.

97FoeDoelx

OK ill look into tht is well haven't had time to work on the car so ill keel you posted

Thanks for the input