CRX ECU & TB HELP

wellbuilt

OK ladies and gentlemen I just need to know which ecu and throttle body I need to get for my CRX to fix my problem. It has a jdm b16a from a 94 del sol. I just bought the car and it had a rough idle. So I took it to the shop and they said it needs a bracket for the idle and the ecu needs to be a p28 chipped obd1(currently has a pr3)and he said some other numbers. It has I/H/E stock intake plenum. The idle was really low and when I would drive it and put it in neutral it would just die out and when I would try and put it back in gear it jerked back and fourth real bad. Is it possible that these things are causing my problems?

wellbuilt

This is the part that's missing from the tb and dropping the rpms low after I let off the gas.

Tb

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MyLittleTeg

Okay, to help you out some.....I just done a swap on my civic and if you don't have the right ecu then that causes an issue. So get the right ecu, and for your missing piece, its hard to see the placement on the tb but you can try to go to a salvage yard and pull one off a del sol :D keep me updated and I'll try to help

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

bairdandrew77

That's a mounting point for the throttle valve dashpot. Just about everybody removes it with literally zero change in idle. It's kind of useless. The PR3 is the OBD0 B16 ecu, it should work fine with your 1994 B16, assuming everything is hooked up properly. I Suppose the bolt ons might have an effect on the idle, but I doubt it'll make that big of a difference. A tuned ecu is typically better regardless, though. What size is the throttle body? If it's too big or too small it could cause idle issues. I put a small F23 TB on an H23A I used to have, and that thing would die every single time I put it in neutral. Switching to a bigger H22 TB (correct size) completely fixed that problem.