CRX master cylinder

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am in need of a new master cylinder soon, and was wondering if there was a stronger one that would bolt up to the stock location(OE or other). Something with a little more pressure.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
io_303 said:
I am in need of a new master cylinder soon, and was wondering if there was a stronger one that would bolt up to the stock location(OE or other). Something with a little more pressure.
i believe what your looking for is going to be the 90-93 teg brake master cylinder, if i'm wrong some one please correct me.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the 90-91 ex sedan m/c is 15/16ths and will bolt right up to your hydro lines- thats the one you want, it'll work in 5th gen civics too (maybe 6th gens also, but im not sure), where as the teg m/c's require you to to modify the brake lines, as the fluid bungs are located differently. a larger m/c will have more pedal pressure, and will lock the brakes in a shorter pedal travel. why you would want this is beyond me.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am getting ready to start racing SCCA and need more breaking power, I will be getting brembo blanks and green stuff pads soon. I hate brake fade

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boyer said:
I have 97 integra gsr rear disc for sale...
I'm not looking for the rear disks, I just want a MC, and i will get a new one

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
boyer said:
I have 97 integra gsr rear disc for sale...
you are not currently alowed to sell on this site, in doing so will be a direct violation of the site rules, and can result in admin action, do not attempt to sell again, also if you do, please learn taht a 97 rear disc setup will not fit onto a 88-91 civic or crx, only the 90-93 will.

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
you just want brakes that work like mine. =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
fyi, an old autocrossers trick is to use a SMALLER m/c to make the pedal travel more, to improve modulation. a bigger m/c will add zero braking power. i suggest you do more research before you start racing, autoxing a heavily modified car will put you in a class that is way above your skill and car level.

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you may want to upgrade your proportioning valve as well...especially if you have or plan on converting drums to discs.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rickles8099 said:
you just want brakes that work like mine. =)

yeah, thats part of it, the other part is that my MC is going and I figure make it better while i am at it.

If a smaller MC allows more modulation, is there one smaller than the one used on the CRX that would fit.

Finally, I am doing SCCA for fun not to be competitive so i am not to concerened with what class i am in

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
89 honda accord lxi master cylinder bolts up to stock brake booster. Its cheap and its 15/16. Its the way to go unless your looking for a blink brake booster and master cylinder from an integra type r yo!