Crx

SmArTs

I got a 88 CRX and its hard for me to find a caliper for it...looking to search at a junkyard...but in those junkyards there impossiable to find any CRX so I'm looking for an alternative.???any other civic calipers that can fit mine?any other EF?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What model Crx do you have?
Any 88-91 Civic Si/Dx share the same calipers.
IIRC, stay away from Crx HF and the base model Civic hatch (STD model, 4spd. manual.)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
'88s have some weird parts that are different from the '89-'91s. Just a fore warning. It does look like the brakes are the same (given the same trim at least; HF and Si are different, for example).

If you were to get the calipers from a place like Autozone they're $35/$38. I know CRXes are rare finds in salvage yards.

You can easily cross reference part numbers on a site like autozone.com btw. That's why I mentioned that store.

CRX HF
C8114/5
$39

CRX Si/Civic 1.5/Civic 1.6/Civic wagon 2WD
C8702/3
$35

Civic wagon 4WD
C8110/1
$34

This is just for 1988 years btw.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
'88s have some weird parts that are different from the '89-'91s.
That's only for the rear suspension. 88-91 Si/Dx share the same front brakes.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's only for the rear suspension. 88-91 Si/Dx share the same front brakes.
I didn't say it was front brakes or rear suspension.

I know the rear suspension, front knuckles, transmission, and seat brackets are different on the '88s, for example.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To the OP, this may help you in the future, here is a rundown of the differences within the 2nd gen Crx:
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=6216

I didn't say it was front brakes or rear suspension.
I know the rear suspension, front knuckles, transmission, and seat brackets are different on the '88s, for example.
The "weird parts" and the other different parts have nothing to do with original question about front brakes.

SmArTs

Thanks a lot...just going to ended up buying the calipers...I would of thought it would be more expensive...