CTR city lights??

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
Hey I tried to install a city light on one of my old headlights and I ended up chipping the crap out of the inner lens. How do you cut it out with out screwing it all up???

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just used a drill...

Trowa3909

5+ Year Member
So did I. I started with a small bit to act as a pilot hole and then started to go bigger and somehow managed to chip it still.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A drill will cause the plastic to crack. You need to use a dremel tool with the proper bit if you want to prevent this sort of problem. I was In your shoes and did this DIY a few months back. Here is my negative feedback:

1. Need to take apart housings to remove dust after holes are made
2. Time consuming
3. Had to use my friends dremel tool
4. He didn't have the right bit
5. The outcome was not worth it
6. The yellow bulbs I used did not look good IMO

I wish I never did this project. But I will admit, the DIY thread convinced me.

radracer

5+ Year Member
When i did mine i used a dremel with the cone shaped stone bit on it and went very easy with it , came out ok

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A drill will cause the plastic to crack. You need to use a dremel tool with the proper bit if you want to prevent this sort of problem. I was In your shoes and did this DIY a few months back. Here is my negative feedback:

1. Need to take apart housings to remove dust after holes are made
2. Time consuming
3. Had to use my friends dremel tool
4. He didn't have the right bit
5. The outcome was not worth it
6. The yellow bulbs I used did not look good IMO

I wish I never did this project. But I will admit, the DIY thread convinced me.
Seems like alot of work and a waste of a perfectly good pair of headlights. FYI a new set from Honda is around 375$. Choose what you bedazzle wisely.

Z3R)

5+ Year Member
lol thats the cheapest thing ive ever heard of. just buy the real deal and get it over with or dont do it at all.