CTR Sreering wheel Install?

Danno

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I searched around and couldn't find a "How to" on installing a CTR steering whel into a 99 civic. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First take off a terminal from the battery. Then take off the cover around the steering wheel. Unplug the srs ( yellow ) and continue by removing the wheel ( you'll figure it out, there's only so many bolts, etc. )

Then replace the CTR wheel and re-attatch the srs. Done.

Danno

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What about removing the airbag and do I need a special tool to get the wheel off?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing that you won't have in your tool box bro

Danno

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys. It only took about 20 minutes to change. It looks sick!

Danno

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not as nice as my wife's ta-ta's. But it's really close!

Feels great and it's a bit smaller than the stock wheel.

Danno

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I found a guy on ebay and he had listed the wheel a couple of times. He didn't get any takers, so I email'd him with an offer of 200 shipped and he went for it. It comes straight from Japan.

Honda Motors Online has them too. You have to watch out though I've seen some pretty beat up. I've also seen some without airbags.

Most CTR and ITR steering wheels in good shape run about 350 and up. I love the fact that this wheel has the airbags.

I had a buddy here in Canada that has the non-airbag CTR wheel and he got into an accident and cut up his lip and lost a couple of teeth. Insurance found out that he didn't have and airbag and they didn't cover his dental costs.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Danno said:
I had a buddy here in Canada that has the non-airbag CTR wheel and he got into an accident and cut up his lip and lost a couple of teeth. Insurance found out that he didn't have and airbag and they didn't cover his dental costs.
:ownded:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, whats his eBay id?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ lol

Hey man, the wheel looks great and you're an '03 O.G.!

Danno

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Jezek for the help earlier on. I thought I was going to have to screw with hub and turn signals not returning etc. Didn't realize it was so easy.

I'm wondering if I should put my Vortech superchardger by myself LOL!!!