Custom Header 2 bung for O2, CHECK ENGINE??

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Hello dudes..

I need some help here, I know most of you will say it is crap and so on... But anyhow, I just have a split in half D16Y7 header, and to change this part in brazil I'll expend a bunch on it...

Anyways there is always the 4x2x1 to replace it... I have a few questions maybe you guys can give me some help.

1st - By placing these headers (same as DC Sports), will I have to change any lengh on the exhaust? I don't intend to place a CC on it... THIS IS THE HEADER:

2nd - Note that the above header has two bung, one in the first half of the header for the 1st o2, and a second one on the second half of the header for the 2nd o2... My question is... By placing both o2 sensors on these bung... will I still have a check engine light???

3rd - Do I really have to extend the secondary o2 sensor cord?? Or is there a way to get it all the way to the end of the header???

Did anyone do this mod???

Thanks guys... I apologize for these questions but I've surched google and had no real good feedback.

RonJ

Banned
Can you just weld your cracked header?

Where will the cat go in the header shown in the picture? If there's no cat, what's the point of a secondary O2 sensor?

The header you are showing is more like the Civic EX exhaust system where the cat follows the shown header.

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Can you just weld your cracked header?

Where will the cat go in the header shown in the picture? If there's no cat, what's the point of a secondary O2 sensor?

The header you are showing is more like the Civic EX exhaust system where the cat follows the shown header.
Hey RonJ, thanks for the reply.

Well no welding will hold it... Crack was about all the way right on the middle.

As I read, the secondary o2 is used to check cc eficiency, unfortunatelly if you don't use this sensor you'll have a CEL on your ride.

RonJ

Banned
As I read, the secondary o2 is used to check cc eficiency, unfortunatelly if you don't use this sensor you'll have a CEL on your ride.
If you use the sensor without a cat, you'll also get a CEL.