Custom subwoofer box

6thGeneration

If anyone could help me with a few questions I have reguarding building a box for my subs I would be very grateful.

I just bought two 15'' kicker comps and I'm building my own cutom sealed box because of the limited space in my civic trunk and its cheaper. I have a 200 civic EX.

The trunks dimensions:
Height: 16'' of functional room
Width: 38'' of functional room then 20'' from the back of the seats it expands to 50'' of functional room
Depth: 36''

The subs require at least 2.25 cubic feet and maximum 5 cubic feet of volume for each sub so I designed a box with the demsions as follows: Height - 15" Width - 34'' Depth: 26" which gives me nearly 3 cubic feet of internal volume.

My questions are: Is there any way I can build this box to not have the subs facing upward instead of toward the trunk and does it matter how far apart the subs are from eachother as long as they are seperated by a wall? And similiarly does it matter how far away the edges from the subs are from the edges of the box?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can face the subs face either up or back without really compromising sound production. Box dimensions wont make any significant different so long as the overall cubic footage is within the subs requirements. Im honestly not certain about your other questions, but have you considered making 2 separate boxes on each opposing corner to maximize trunk space? The box shapes would be more intricate, but itd give you more trunk depth.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I suggest checking out q logic boxes. Well worth the money and they have taken all of the guess work out if it for u!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!