Customer Satisfaction Poll 8th gen Civics

Please choose an option that best suits your personal feelings.

• I am very satisfied with my 8th gen civic and have had major mechnical issues with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an 8th gen civic and have had minor mechnical issues with it.

• I hate my 8th gen civic and have had no mechnical issues with it.

• I hate my 8th gen civic and have had minor mechnical issues with it.

• I hate my 8th gen civic and have had major mechnical issues with it.

• Total voters

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A lot of people say don't buy a new car the first year it is released. If you are like me and own an 8th gen you did not heed that advice. I am curious as to the level of satisfaction the other 8th gen'ers here have with their cars. If you don’t own an 8th gen please choose the last poll option. Also please explain your reason for your vote, and try to base it off of more than the fact that it is "Noice" or "HAWT" and I am sure your 8th gen is "FTW" but please make your responses detailed. I would like for this thread to be a useful and concise guide to anyone thinking about buying an 8th gen, so whoever our 8th gen mod is please police the hell out of this thread and keep it clean and to the point.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Si is exactly what I thought it would be, that’s why I am completely satisfied. I have had no mechanical issues other than a rock flying through my fog light glass but I guess that’s not really mechanical. It performs great, handles wonderfully, and is cheap on gas relative to the performance level. I would recommend that anyone looking to purchase a new car consider an 8th gen civic. ...... My FG2 roxorz my boxorz :lol:

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like my lx alot. I was a bit dissappointed that I couldn't get the Si (insurance=death) but overall it performs alot better than I thought it would. The only mechanical issue it ever had was the splash shield underneath the bumper, it completely fell off, but Honda replaced the whole thing for free. Until my first oil change, my car was profusely leaking oil, but that got fixed too. Other than that, nothing else has happened, and it was definitely faster and more well built than I thought it would be.

nad_racer

5+ Year Member
My EX Sedan is very well built and it def has a good perfrmance platform for my ideas of upgrading and modifications. Didn't care about the SI cause I wanted the room and the doors for crap. Coupes suck when you have a back seat but you can't access it without some acrobatics as it was for my last coupe. The chassi is very ridgid compared to any other civic I've driven in over the years as well as quite a few other cars.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like my lx so much my lady has one two so I am double satisfied. She has auto and it drives smooth my civic is 5 speed and the shifting is smooth along with the way they set up the shifter.

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
While I love the car, I had to choose the last one before the "I hate" because I couldn't bring myself to say that I was satisfied. In the last month the car has been in the shop for a total of 15 days. The service and customer service I have received from Honda has been mediocre.

All in all, I think it's a great car and it's fun to drive....when it works of course.

EDIT: Providing link as Sion0x has done below. My issues: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=85758

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh I remember now the dealership reset my alarm and some other stuff and they did it on the same day.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm in love with my FG2. It is my first manual car and it was very forgiving when I was learning how to drive it. I haven't had any mechanical problems that I know of so far so I have nothing to complain about. I get good gas milage and good performance so I am very satisfied. Oh yeah, and my dad has an auto LX sedan and that thing drives great as well with no problems. :D I'd reccommend this car to anyone currently looking for one!

chinoiswok

Wrench The Kid
5+ Year Member
only problem i have with my FG2 is... i think its curse. had a scuffle on the back bumper, and a door ding on my front fender right on the passenger side of the body line.... i hate ppl. lucky i have a buddy that has a body shop and only charges me for only materiall. other then that no mechnical issues, and lovin it. GGM= CURSE!

MillerLite

Power In A Hands Of A Few
5+ Year Member
I Really Love My Civic, I Like It More Than The Scion Tc I Was Going To Get, And The Fuel Mileage Its Really Great, And The Only Problem I Had With It Was When I Started Runing The Engine Smoke Would Come Out Of It, The Dealership Saw No Problem To It And After That I Didn't Had Any Problem. Also Ones It Show That The Fuel Cap Was Open, But I Looked In The Manual And Did What It Said To Reset It And After Nothing Showed Again So That Was About It. But I Say It's An Awsome Car.