Cutting Tein Springs

MSP4EVER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have purchased tein s lowering springs like a 2 months ago....i liked it but now i want it lower because i just put some 15 inch rims...but i was wondoring if is bad cutting the tein springs that i have on right now........HELP ME!!! Or what other ideas can i do to lower the car???

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do not cut the springs.. it will never ride the same agian.. sell them and get a set of coilovers so u can adjust them..

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just torch em hehe,

no modifying them is a baaaad idea, sell and rebuy

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem dude when i had my 98 hatch i got the same springs didnt like it cause it wasnt the drop i wanted.. So i had them cut a little.. ride didnt change at all..

didnt even bounce all crazy or anything... and my car looked way better..

im being 100% honest dude nothing happened to my car or the springs

MSP4EVER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem dude when i had my 98 hatch i got the same springs didnt like it cause it wasnt the drop i wanted.. So i had them cut a little.. ride didnt change at all..

didnt even bounce all crazy or anything... and my car looked way better..

im being 100% honest dude nothing happened to my car or the springs
yea cuz the drop is the same in back and front.....i want the front alittle bet more drop..........so how do you cut the springs.....i was thinking of cuttin one ring..........

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know of a guy that cut his teins on his xb, it rides real nice.....

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just sell them or trade them plus cash for coilovers of some type

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That drop looks good. If you want to be dumped get coilovers. Cutting springs=bad and ghettooooooooo.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know how much the dude cut it wasnt a coil tho..

but i mean if u want it slammed ur better just getting coilovers

eh i dont know how to cut the springs

lil_kev

5+ Year Member
if you're gonna cut your teins....why not just cut your stocks instead? the outcome will be the same...

oh...and sell me your teins. hahaha.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're gonna cut your teins....why not just cut your stocks instead? the outcome will be the same...

oh...and sell me your teins. hahaha.
wrong!

stocks werent made to be dropped or cut THUS making them to soft and bouncy as heck

tein wernt made to be cut either but were made to be dropped THUS making the spring stronger.. so the ride wont really change.. maybe a bit

trust me man i went thru this myself i did this already my ride didnt change when i cut them..

lil_kev

5+ Year Member
wrong!

stocks werent made to be dropped or cut THUS making them to soft and bouncy as heck

tein wernt made to be cut either but were made to be dropped THUS making the spring stronger.. so the ride wont really change.. maybe a bit

trust me man i went thru this myself i did this already my ride didnt change when i cut them..
mmm...thanks for ruining it for me. now i gotta get my s. techs from ebay...:(