d seires v tec swap

jimmyl90

i want to make my car v tec what could i do to make it that way right now i have a d15b7 can i put a d16 v tec head on my d15b7 bottom an what all would i have to do? THANKS

fanaticx

yes you definitely can do that! I'm not sure what all you need for your engine though. search mini me swap and you will find all the info that you need for a successful swap.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Search, please this is covered so so so so many times with all the step by step guides you will ever need. To get you started you will need a SOHC vtec head, HG, vtec wiring, and an ecu what will function with vtec.

emerican

Registered VIP
reasearch the mini me swap with your bottom end and either the z6 or y8 head you will find more than enough info.
like said above you will need the head the vtec ecu head gasket you will have to wire in vtec etc

emerican

Registered VIP
dont apolgize everyone starts somewhere man just make sure to try and research and try to find the answer first before you post up a question.
did that link i gave you help you?

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah you'll need a p28 ecu for vtec.
if you're using stock harness, what you can do to save money is tap the vtec to the ecu.
easy to do it if you have the ecu diagram.
other than that, i dont know what you really need.