D15, D16 question

Mister_Perkins

Team Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
currently i have a D15b7 engine.. I've had some major problems, and i still am having problems.. Its been in my garage for about 3 months now. I bought a new used head for it, and had it rebuilt, and resurfaced. I put everything back together, and it wont start. i am assuming it is the timing? Not sure though. I thought i had the timing on? Each cylinder has a spark, has fuel, has 150 pounds of compression. Now if anyone has an idea of what the problem is .. please let me know. i really miss the civic. haha.

Now heres my other question. One of my friends said he has a D16z6 out of his hatchback.. he said he would sell me it for $100.00 .. The whole engine. The only thing is that it has a dead cylinder. Would that be worth buying still? I mean because wouldnt the parts from the D-series still be interchangable (i.e. putting the D16z6 head on the d15b7?) Let me know please...

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the z6 head will fit on a b7. most ppl call that a mini-me swap. you'll also have to hook up vtec.

chiliredDX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you have a 92 the vtec is prewired, but i went ahead and got an ex harness anyways.

brownbob06

5+ Year Member
you'll have to do some research on the hed swap, I did mine by myself, took me a day. just don't forget to take the oil jet out of the block...you'll know what I mean when you research....But why not just spend a little more and just stick a D16 in there? just a question I guess.