D15 swap question

AMF

WUSSUP GUYS ! OK SO GET THIS, MY DAD JUST BOUGHT A CX HATCH FROM MY FUTURE BROTHER-IN-LAW THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE BUT STOCK !!! LOL... SAME COLOR, SAME ENGINE, SAME INTERIOR, SAME EVERYTHING JUST LIKE HOW WE BOUGHT MINE BACK IN 93 BUT BRAND NEW LOOKIN.... ITS SO FUNNY BECAUSE I PUT THEM NOSE 2 NOSE AND TOOK A PICTURE AND I CANT WAIT TO SHARE THEM WITH YOU GUYS. ITS THE B4 AND AFTER EFFECT.... AND GET THIS, IT HAS 589 THOUSAND AND SUMTHING ORIGINAL MILES ON TOO !!!!! lol BUT IT WONT PASS SMOG CUZ OF A BAD CATYLETIC, SO INSTEAD OF PAYING $600 BUCKS FOR A NEW ONE I WAS "TRYIN" TO CONVINCE HIM THAT HE MIGHT AS WELL DO " AN ENGINE SWAP " SINCE THE PRICE FOR A NEW CAT IS BASICALLY HALF WAY TOWARDS A NEW ENGINE AND TRANNY ;) lol.... HE DOES'NT WANT ME TO TOUCH HIS CAR SO IM TRYING TO HOLD MY SELF BACK FROM MODIFYING IT FOR HIM lol... HE DOES'NT WANT ANYTHING LIKE WHAT I GOT GOIN UNDER MY HOOD SO I THINK HE JUST WANTS A NO HASSLE SWAP WITH JUST A SLIGHTLY MORE HORSES FROM THE ORIGINAL 1.5 D15. SUMTHIN THAT GETS UP THE HILLS A LITTLE BIT EASIER.... SO MY QUESTION IS, WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST PLUG AND PLAY APLLICATION AND IF THERE WOULD BE ANYTHING EXTRA, WHAT WOULD WE HAVE TO GET AND DO ????? THX GUYS....:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HE DOES'NT WANT ME TO TOUCH HIS CAR SO IM TRYING TO HOLD MY SELF BACK FROM MODIFYING IT FOR HIM lol... HE DOES'NT WANT ANYTHING LIKE WHAT I GOT GOIN UNDER MY HOOD SO I THINK HE JUST WANTS A NO HASSLE SWAP WITH JUST A SLIGHTLY MORE HORSES FROM THE ORIGINAL 1.5 D15. SUMTHIN THAT GETS UP THE HILLS A LITTLE BIT EASIER.... SO MY QUESTION IS, WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST PLUG AND PLAY APLLICATION AND IF THERE WOULD BE ANYTHING EXTRA, WHAT WOULD WE HAVE TO GET AND DO ????? THX GUYS....:lol:
If he wanted a swap, i'm sure he'd tell you. Until then, it's not your car. I wouldn't mess with it. Not your car = not your problem......:what:

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
In the future it would be alot reader-friendly if you turned CAPS off.

also, spacing out your paragraph would help too.

The best plug and play app. is going to be turbo but that requires knowledge and money.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i think your dad just wants a car to drive, and doesnt want to f**k with swapping the motor out of it. if it still runs good then why swap it if hes just goin to go from point a to point b.....

plus its his car, not yours. so i suggest layin off him bout it.

AMF

no i think your dad just wants a car to drive, and doesnt want to f**k with swapping the motor out of it. if it still runs good then why swap it if hes just goin to go from point a to point b.....

plus its his car, not yours. so i suggest layin off him bout it.
yeah ur right about not f**kin with it but its hard to ya know ? lol... but the car has 589 thousand miles !!!! plus the catlytic converter is bad and wont pass smog . remember, the smog regulations in cali f**kin sucks homie !!! the price they're askin to replace it is about 600 bucks! just for the CAT!

so, might as well replace the whole thing if its gonna cost that much right? it runs ok FOR THAT MANY MILES but man, dont you think its time for a new power plant ? thats all im saying..... im just wondering if maybe a d16 of some sort would be as easy as plug it and play it from the original d15B8 ? nothing jurastic....

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the most part any d16 non vtec would be a direct plug and play...as long as its from the same obd family. with the vtec d series....add two wires

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah ur right about not f**kin with it but its hard to ya know ? lol... but the car has 589 thousand miles !!!! plus the catlytic converter is bad and wont pass smog . remember, the smog regulations in cali f**kin sucks homie !!! the price they're askin to replace it is about 600 bucks! just for the CAT!

so, might as well replace the whole thing if its gonna cost that much right? it runs ok FOR THAT MANY MILES but man, dont you think its time for a new power plant ? thats all im saying..... im just wondering if maybe a d16 of some sort would be as easy as plug it and play it from the original d15B8 ? nothing jurastic....
get a DOHC ZC. itl will bolt up, just use some parts from the d15 for obd1 conversion..
its a GREAT little power plant, for little money and will bolt up using your stock motor mounts, trans and axels.
i had one in my 93 LX with an SI trans, and it has some get up and go for a stock+boltons 1.6l thats for sure..

AMF

get a DOHC ZC. itl will bolt up, just use some parts from the d15 for obd1 conversion..
its a GREAT little power plant, for little money and will bolt up using your stock motor mounts, trans and axels.
i had one in my 93 LX with an SI trans, and it has some get up and go for a stock+boltons 1.6l thats for sure..
what about the wiring? i think heard that i would have to add a wire or 2 or somthing to run the V-TEC, im not sure. and im guessing that we would have to get a stock exuast set up too huh? i just dont know too much about messin with D-series mainly b-cuz they never really crossed mind....

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to calm down or youll get the banhammer.

an yes if you go with a z6 or y8, youll have to add the solenoid wire and the pressure switch wire. its pretty easy and simple to do if you know how to repin the ecu connector

1993DX

........... Has he looked into buying a cat and replacing it on his own??? $600 seems kinda high to me. Plus I've never heard of a situation where someone considers a swap just to pass a smog test..... Obviously there are other benefits, but if it's your fantasy and not your Dad's, then just get him on the right track to replacing the cat first.

Perhaps the title should have been: "Needed: Affordable catalytic converter for Cali D15" in the Parts Wanted Section...

just saying

Almost 600k miles is pretty impressive though.

AMF

........... Has he looked into buying a cat and replacing it on his own??? $600 seems kinda high to me. Plus I've never heard of a situation where someone considers a swap just to pass a smog test..... Obviously there are other benefits, but if it's your fantasy and not your Dad's, then just get him on the right track to replacing the cat first.

Perhaps the title should have been: "Needed: Affordable catalytic converter for Cali D15" in the Parts Wanted Section...

just saying

Almost 600k miles is pretty impressive though.
THE CAR HAS 589 AND SOMTHING THOUSAND MILES !!! the cat for this spacific engine NO BOBODY HAS IT but the dealership and thats there price ! i checked everywhere and did all the research for him and those were the results i got . the dealership even said that they even DISCONTINUED that catalytic for that year/that engine and no one has the right cat we need that bolts straight to the header that is california approved. why do you think im on here ? IM THE ONE WHOSE GONNA HELP PAY FOR THE DAMN MOTOR SWAP THING ANYWAY so get off my ass about it "being my fantasy" !!!!

I DONT GOT ANY FANTASIES, I GOT REALITY !!!!

http://yfrog.com/jdimg0407smj

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
universal cat + muffler shop = 100 bucks spent

it doesn't need a dealership specific cat, any converter (especially from a reputable muffler shop) will carry on hand universal cats that are direct or close to direct oem specs. even getting one off the interwebz is good enough. Soooo thus your searching has lead you wrong.

1993DX

the cat for this spacific engine NO BOBODY HAS IT but the dealership and thats there price ! i checked everywhere and did all the research for him and those were the results i got . the dealership even said that they even DISCONTINUED that catalytic for that year/that engine and no one has the right cat we need that bolts straight to the header that is california approved. why do you think im on here ? IM THE ONE WHOSE GONNA HELP PAY FOR THE DAMN MOTOR SWAP THING ANYWAY so get off my ass about it "being my fantasy" !!!!

I DONT GOT ANY FANTASIES, I GOT REALITY !!!!
Well then realistically, go to a junkyard and find one that's in decent shape and give that a try.

Or:
Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Catalytic-Converter-1994-95-Honda-Civic-1-5-1-6L-/380221890454?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5886fd9f96

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MagnaFlow-22636-Cat-Converter-Kit-1994-1995-Honda-Civic-/200456992222?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eac2af5de

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-Civic-1992-1993-1994-1995-Catalytic-Converter-/200473623986?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ead28bdb2#ht_3654wt_1162

Craigslist
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/1773043389.html

^this took two minutes of searching^

Or I'll just give you one for free...

1993DX

Or I'll just give you one for free...
Here ya go:
[some modification may be required]

Be careful when threading the O2 sensor into the bung.. It tends not to like it...

Disclaimer:
Installation may be illegal in some states, check local laws. May not improve vehicle performance in any way. High pitch screeching sounds have been reported after installation, use at own risk.

AMF

BUT ANY WAYS, b-4 i forget, thx for the help guys..... oh and pic of the kitty-kat, LOL :cat:

1993DX

Haha, good times. But seriously, try those links... I don't know how far you are from that shop on Craigslist, but a great deal may be worth a little drive.

AMF

Haha, good times. But seriously, try those links... I don't know how far you are from that shop on Craigslist, but a great deal may be worth a little drive.
i got you, GOOD LOOKIN OUT.....