d15b boosted civic

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just picked up a 95 civic with a fully built d15b. The problem is the car will not start. The car has fuel spark and good compression for being low compression pistons. When i got the car it started up but berly would run. I took out the spark plugs and two of them were black and they were all covered in fuel. THe car is on a fmu with another pump under the hood and stock Honda injectors. I put new plugs in it and it wont start at all. Is the firing order 1342 starting from the firewall side of the distributor. I also checked the timing its dead on or a little retarded at the cam gear but i took it back to stock setting and still didn't start so i just returned it back to were it was. The car is also throwing a code 6. So i looked down and the plug was broke off. I replaced the plug but still get a code 6.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just took all the plugs out and i can see fuel spots in the cylinders.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also noticed the pump is really noisey under the hood and when i look at the fuel pressure when i turn the key on it goes to 45 while the pump is on then when the pump shuts down the presssure goes down to 0. I thought that is was suposed to stay at 45 not just instanly drop down to zzero??

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like you bought a pile of s**t, that someone wanted to get rid of

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK so i found out my injectors are not opening at all. I tested voltage and it was only 8.06 with the key on. Isn't it supposed to be the same voltage as the battery which is over 12. What would cause the injectors to not shoot fuel at all?

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I took out the main relay and re soldiered the tops and now i have 10.4 volts with the key on. SO would this be the main relay causing this??

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would get a walbro 255lph fuel pump in your tank, get rid of that pump under the hood and fmu and pick up some dsm 440cc injectors to replace the stock 240's and get a aem fuel pressure regulator and a tune assuming your car runs. any pics? car sounds like it's thrown together..

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would get a walbro 255lph fuel pump in your tank, get rid of that pump under the hood and fmu and pick up some dsm 440cc injectors to replace the stock 240's and get a aem fuel pressure regulator and a tune assuming your car runs. any pics? car sounds like it's thrown together..
I don't have the money to tune it yet. But it ran before just fine with this setup. I found out today the head gasket was blown there was some antifreeze on the pistons. I have replaced the head gasket now the cylinders are dry. Now the only problem is only one injector is firing and that's the number one cylinder. I can hook the number one plug to any of the injectors and it will spray but all other three injectors don't spray just one no mater which way i order them.

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't have the money to tune it yet. But it ran before just fine with this setup. I found out today the head gasket was blown there was some antifreeze on the pistons. I have replaced the head gasket now the cylinders are dry. Now the only problem is only one injector is firing and that's the number one cylinder. I can hook the number one plug to any of the injectors and it will spray but all other three injectors don't spray just one no mater which way i order them.
sounds like for some reason 3 of your your injectors done for. I would head down to your local junkyard and get some injectors. I've got a set of GSR's I'll get rid of.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like for some reason 3 of your your injectors done for. I would head down to your local junkyard and get some injectors. I've got a set of GSR's I'll get rid of.
Ok so it wasnt the injectors that were done. It was the resistor box they had wired up. I took it off and now all the injectors fire but i think its too much

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The fuel pressure gauge on the fmu shows 40 psi. All the injectors work, the firing order is 1342 , they all have spark but my plugs keep turning black as i try to start it.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All the spark plugs keep getting black and has some left over fuel on them when i pull them out. It will spin over and everyonce and a while berly try to start then go to nothing agian. Do yall think since i took the resitor box off thats making it too rich or what.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got the car to run fine now but i have to set the firing order to 4213. Would this mean my crank is off by one turn or 180 or is my firing order supose to be 4213 its the same as 1342 it just starts in a different place.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no offense but just say F_ck it. the money your going to end up putting in it your better of building your own.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats just me though
I got the car for next to nothing. I acutally just got the car running perfect. The dumbass that had it before my wired all three map sensor wires wrong and wired the resistor box in wrong. The car runs perfect to just drive around im not getting on it till i get a safc. I still dont see how my firing order is oposite what its suposed to be i drove it 50 miles today with no prob i just dont like the firing order being like that.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GOOD LUCK! I RATHER PAY 300 BUCKS AND GET IT DYNO TUNE. MORE BETTER, MORE EFFENCENT AND GAIN MORE POWER. and i agree with CIVIC_VTEC. build it yourself is a better choice than buyin a car that is already turbo...so many s**t can go wrong...just like the problem your having right now..one leads to another.