d15b vtec head

ej1boy

5+ Year Member
hello im picking a d15b head but im not sure if its a d15b or any d16 vtec head. is there a way to know what head is it. my friend says that its a d15b. i want to make sure. thanks

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should have a ECU code stamped on the front, around the exhaust ports. Example P28, in that case it would be from a d16z6.

ej1boy

5+ Year Member
the thing is that i want to know if there is a way to know if its a d15b. because if i buy it it might be a z6 and thats wat i dont want

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the thing is that i want to know if there is a way to know if its a d15b. because if i buy it it might be a z6 and thats wat i dont want
the d15b is pretty much the same thing as a z6, its obviously different in the bottom end, but I do believe the heads are very similar if not the same.

ej1boy

5+ Year Member
my friend is selling me the head, how much do you guys think its a good price for the head?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they are the same head, both p08's, but I think the cam out of the d15b is a littlte bit more aggressive.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i just read that they are both p08's. but the d15b is a p08-1 and the z6's are p08-2,3,4,5. Depending on year and trans type.

ej1boy

5+ Year Member
yea i just read that they are both p08's. but the d15b is a p08-1 and the z6's are p08-2,3,4,5. Depending on year and trans type.
the one that im buyin is p08-2. so it means its a z6? am i right? how much would you guys would pay for a sohc vtec head?

ej1boy

5+ Year Member
i was thinking of that. i was looking on ebay about the cams. which brand do you recommend me? i think i saw zex cam, its that a good cam?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
crower stage 1 unless you have dough for a new valvetrain