D15B2 DPFI to MPFI idling at 4500 LOL with pics and video.

Guga

5+ Year Member
Hi guys, so ill explain my journey in the dpfi to mpfi swap...

I bought a p06 + intake mani + TB + cables bundle for cheap so i thought why not use these instead of a p28, some guys told me it would be fine...and so i started...

I connected all the wires from the p06 to my old obd0 ecu cables without cutting the obd0 plugs (we never know what can happen) and after only that and assembling the mani and TB the engine allready was turning, had no fuel cuz i hadnt wired the injectors but as soon as i did voila sparks and fire hehe.

Then i got a dizzy, a 7 wire one and wired it to my old plug, that weird or not already had the cyp sensor wires there, but didnt had the ckp sensor wires (white and orange) and i had to whire them to B10 and B11 or something...and so i did.
Then there where 3 diferent plugs, 2 grey and 1 green that would fit the iacv and i didnt know wich wasthe one, so after a bit of searching i discovered which was and connected it...so now im missing a TPS sensor, the mani didnt came with one, and i need a new intake gasket cuz this one was all f*ked up and i still assembled and now i have a huge leak i think...

So no TPS and probable leak, and i end up with this:

I start the car, rpm goes up, then i turn it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EfbqEdNEWo

And one last thing, the iacv connects one pipe to the TB and the other to the water pipe that goes underneath the manifold correct?
The fact that i still have a one wire O2 sensor instead of the four wire one causes any problem?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Deadswitch

i am confused on your iacv question,,,are your talking about the send and return water lines under the iacv? as far as all the wires i have no idea

Guga

5+ Year Member
i am confused on your iacv question,,,are your talking about the send and return water lines under the iacv? as far as all the wires i have no idea

yes, the water lines, they go to the metal pipe that goes under the manifold and the other to the TB right?

Guga

5+ Year Member
Video now up, had an error.
Help guys please =)

Guga

5+ Year Member
If i unplug the iacv plug idle stays at 2000rpm and goes up and down like 100rpm up and 100 down every second, and if i acelerate it starts stalling until completely stalling...
If i plug it in, idle is at 4500(!)rpm and if i acelerate it accelerates even more, though i havent tried it much cuz cold car + high revs = bad stuff...

Any ideas?

Guga

5+ Year Member
Cmon guys try to help in here! Already got the tps wired and assembled, theres suposely everything done but the car is idling at 4000rpm :\ any ideas?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You should get an OBD1 ECU, a lot easier to work with for your MPFI since the majority of Hondas with DPFI came OBD0

Guga

5+ Year Member
You should get an OBD1 ECU, a lot easier to work with for your MPFI since the majority of Hondas with DPFI came OBD0

Sorry i missed that, i have a p08 obd1 ECU already wired up...
The last thing i want to consider to be causing this idle problem is some miswiring in the obd0-obd1 conversion i made manualy :roll:
Lets hope not.
Im gonna try putting a new intake gasket with liquid gasket just to completely seal it, and check the idle then.
Any other sugestion?

Deadswitch

hell man thats some crazy s**t....i have no clue what it could be...is the throttle cable tensioned right? Vacuum fine?

Guga

5+ Year Member
Yes it is, i tried covering the TB and the car doesnt die so it must be an air leak in the intake gasket...