D15B7 Bad problem

TypeRR

5+ Year Member
Well D15 i just stock in my civic has some problems and i usually know how to fix it but having trouble on this one. The engine turns on just fine but for some reason it idles at 1200rpms i tryed lower but doesnt go down. so i will let it sit for awhile and when it warms up it starts idling erratically it goes up and then goes really low like its about to die and keeps on doing it so i left it on and tried to find the problem then the Cat converter got super hot and turned red and started smoking i had never seen that happen before need major help

RonJ

Banned
First clean the FITV. Next do the same for the IACV.

The glowing cat indicates the engine is running rich. Any CEL codes?

TypeRR

5+ Year Member
actually yeah well i just converted to 5spd the D15 is in a 96 civic obd2 it jump codes 70,54 that i know of

RonJ

Banned
actually yeah well i just converted to 5spd the D15 is in a 96 civic obd2 it jump codes 70,54 that i know of
Codes 70 and 54 - Your ECU is looking for an automatic transmission and CKF sensor, which I assume your car and engine do not have.

Clear the ECU codes, run the engine, and then pull the codes again to see if new ones appear.

Also, I presume that your ECU is a mismatch for your engine.

TypeRR

5+ Year Member
yeah it actually is i forgot to put that code 22 for vtec is going off. yeah It came sotck with a the y8 so the ecu was p2p i'm still trying to locate a few parts. What would cause the engine to run ruch?

TypeRR

5+ Year Member
okay i will check into and let u know i really appreciate man u helped out alot