D15B7/D16Z6 Mini-Me Motor Mounts

krillinthekie

i just started doing this swap, i got the engine ready to go back in but the timing belt side motor mount is not linning up correctly.

so here is my situation,
im putting a D15B7 block with a D16Z6 head in a 94 civic EX, it had a D16Z6 in there but stuff happened and i ended up with a rebuilt D16Z6 head and a low millage D15B7 block.

the rear motor mount seems to be linning up fine, the mount on the transmission side is rusted up but still seem to be linning up, but the mount on the timing belt side is not looking correct at all. the mount is from the D16Z6 and it has 3 holes, the engine part has three blots but there not going vertical there at an angle, its making the engine try and rotate. i took the mounting piece of the D15B7 and tried it but the two bolts on it are not parallel to the engine like the motor mount holes are.

to make this short, what motor mounts do i need for this D15B7/D16Z6(Mini-Me) going into a 94 Civc EX?

thanks a ton.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you are using the 3 bolt mount off the z6 then you will need the 3 bolt mount. Same goes for the 2 bolt offset mount off the d15.

krillinthekie

alright.
yup, that's what i have come to realize.
though i don't think the D16Z6 motor mounts work with the D15B7 block, at lest that has been my experience.
i just replaced all my motor mounts because the had 200,XXX miles on them.

krillinthekie

still having issues with the motor mounts.
i got new left and right side motor mounts, put um on there.
started putting my engine in but its seems like there not all 3 motor mounts are linning up.
i had the right(drivers side) and rear motor mounts bolted in just finger tight, but the left side(passanger) was off by about 1 in.

what have i missed?
do i need to get a rear bracket for a D15B7, or a Rear motor mount for a D15B7.
should the D16Z6 mounts and brackets work???

would pictures be helpful in clearifing my issue?
just let me know, i can take pictures.

thanks for the help yall.

Keep it KazUal

mattliston

5+ Year Member
The 92-00 d series motors all use the same engine and tranny brackets as far as location.

using that, your stock d16z6 mounting bracket can and WILL bolt to the d15b7 block

You should try loosening ALL mount bolts so they move a bit, and try and settle the motor

I have never had any issues doing D swaps.

Your d15/z6 minime should be faster then the stock d16z6 as well. Slightly lower torque in the lower rpms, but through your midrange the extra compression comes in handy and really makes use of that z6 head

Be sure to retard the distributor slightly and run 91 or 93 octane gas.

krillinthekie

thanks, got all the mounts bolted on but the transmission is to high and the lower mount doesn't line up.
also, the engine is sitting at angle slanting from the passengers side to the drivers side.

why would this happen?
are there supposed to be spacers on the stud bolts?
is the engine supposed to mount like that and i just need a different lower stabilizing bracket?

thanks for the help.

krillinthekie

no, you've the wrong tranny mount, did you convert it from auto to manual?
you know, i just checked my gauges.
it was originally an auto, from that factory that is.

some previous owner put a standard in but did a lazy/cheap way.

knowing that i have googled more and i think i just need a special auto to standard motor mount.

does any one have a link to get one for cheap?

thank yall for all the help and info.