d15b7 mini me swap

Bmx1722

I have a 93 civic sedan lx with a d15b7 non vtec and I am wondering what is the cheapest way to do the mini me swap. What do I need?

honda_skater

Searching is your best bet. I just finished mine a couple weeks ago. I did a lot of research to find the info I needed. But basically you'll need a vtec head (I used a jdm d15b), a new timing belt, head gasket for the new head, and any other parts that the head doesn't come with (intake manifold, exhaust manifold, tps, ect..) Good luck with it and don't forget to pull the oil squirter between cylinders 2&3

Here's a massive FAQ about mini me swaps.
http://m.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=554053&styleid=18

Bmx1722

i am stumped on what head gasket to use, am going to put a d16z6 head on my d15b7 lower half. some people say to use a d116zd gasket and others say use the y8... who know which is best

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
i am stumped on what head gasket to use, am going to put a d16z6 head on my d15b7 lower half. some people say to use a d116zd gasket and others say use the y8... who know which is best
I used a z6 when i did it. Also if ur b7 smokes any at higher rpms i wouodnt recommend because it will only get worse with it being a mini me.