D16 -> B16, ps pump questions

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi all

When you do a b16a2 swap in a '96 dx, how do you rig up the power steering pump?

Obviously you use a pump and bracket from a b16, but how do you connect the high pressure copper pipe?

Reason I'm asking is that the shop that did the install used the pump from my d16, and he cut/weld to make the pipe fit the pump. The weld (suprisingly) didn't last and is now p**sing oil all over the place. Is there a real need to weld the pipe, can/does the old pipe work fine?

He wants to charge me for a new pump and pressure pipe (i'm sure the engine had a pump on it, but can't prove it).

Thanks for your help.

:(

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Come on guys... he's gonna charge me £190 for this and I don't belive its genuine....

I have a B16 pump for definate, how different is the pressure pipe from ps rack to pump between dx and si? Did anybody else have trouble with this??

ek4coupe

5+ Year Member
ps pump

lonewolf said:
Come on guys... he's gonna charge me £190 for this and I don't belive its genuine....

I have a B16 pump for definate, how different is the pressure pipe from ps rack to pump between dx and si? Did anybody else have trouble with this??
To use power steering on a 96-00 civic you use 99-00 si ps pump brackets or 93-97 del sol (with dohc vtec motor) ps pump brackets and use YOUR CIVICS PS PUMP!! Me and my friend just did this with his car. Your stock high pressure hose will bolt onto your pump. Hardest thing was finding the correct belt. Just use a string, make a sample, and bring it to an auto store for a belt size. Good luck.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no PS FTW~!