d16 power options

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need to be able to beat a Gsr with bolt ons or pretty close
if you are going to boost in the future do not waste your money on a light weight flywheel.

Beat a bolt on gsr? completely gut your car and stop eating to cut as much weight as possible

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Flywheel Ey umm around how much is a flywheel how much is it? How much of a beach isit yo put it on?
I do wanna boost but not yet mayb in a couple of months
You didn't mention going boost earlier... So don't get a lightened flywheel. And clutch / flywheel replacement requires dropping the transmission which isn't all that bad on a D-Series from what I hear.

A stock GSR should run mid 15's. With bolt-ons and a good driver, I've seen high 14's. Like I said, if you're going to boost in the future, it really isn't worth your money to invest in all these parts. As someone mentioned above, gut the s*** out of your interior, show up to the race with 1/4 tank of gas, and see if you can borrow some slicks (or at least grippy tires) and drop the air pressure in the front tires to be able to gain more traction. I'd go to a track and start working on your launches too lol. Unless you're really confident you're a good driver or the GSR owner is a shitty driver.

May I ask why you're racing someone at a set date?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Track or street race? If it's a a street race, do everyone a favor and hang yourself so no one else gets hurt

barrett

Registered VIP
track day maybe?

my advice (like most peoples) gut the car and leave it, collect more cash and buy a turbo kit, or piece one together yourself (i have a manifold and BOV i'm selling). then after you have the kit, chip the ecu, then save and upgrade internals.

i know you said you wanted to keep your D, but you would be money ahead to pick up a cheap B swap and do that. more power, more torque, and more potential. D's can be built up really well but do you wanna spend that much money on a sohc? same amount of money would make the B just as fast or faster i'd think. just my two cents

da hulk

5+ Year Member
Umm I only weight about 155 and yea homeboy wanna race at the track in about a week or 2 there is no set date....so no lighter flywheel if im planning on boosting later?

barrett

Registered VIP
why would you chip it? there is no point chipping it for basic bolt ons.. don't throw away money. save it for the turbo kit