D16A....what ECU P08 or P28

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
I ordered a D15B and they ended up sending me a D16A which is just the JDM or so I've heard the EDM version of the Z6, but its considered a ZC motor and has approx 135hp...whatever. Anyway when cleaning up the motor and removing all exterior parts of the motor prior to installation I noticed that P08 was stamped on the back...hmm. Well I'm running it on my P28 and it runs very good, smooth and has good power better than my Z6.

I read somewhere that the D16A runs on the P71 ?? Any truth to this. My P28 is chipped on chrome so if I need to have it changed to P71 or P08 fuel maps it wouldn't be hard at all I just need to be sure. Because I've heard that the P28 is the best ecu to run a sohc vtec.

Also it idles at like 500rpm and has a slight hesitation from idle, but if you bring it to say 800rpm and then give it gas it has perfect throttle response..so I'm not sure. I always heard that the P08 and P28 had different fuel maps between 500-3000 rpms and idle different.

Any info will help, thanks.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Who'd you get the motor from? I'd like to think that if you order a d15b you'd get a d15b!

kaminam

5+ Year Member
if its a dohc ZC obd1 mm i would say P29 or P06 chipped mmm ....

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
Its a sohc, obd1. P08 stamped allover the parts on back. Runs good on P28 but I think it could be better, doesnt matter much since Im chipped, I'll just put a p08 base on it and build from there (if its better than the stock p28).

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well p28 is going to be looking for vtec, that d16a doesn't have vtec does it?

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
actually it does..I'd never heard for a d16a..some people think of the d16a as the jdm d16a6, but this one is supposedly an EDM motor for the ESi's I've also heard in came in some rare DC1's not sure what to make of it all. Runs good on the P28 but it believe it could use some more fuel down low and past midrange.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are integras that come with SOHC D series in japan. so they exist.

if your motor is SOHC Vtec, use P28, if not, Use the SOHC Non vtec ECU, simple as that