D16y7 - After Flood

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Hey there everyone!

Yup! Got my car into a flooded spot, engined died, did a great check on the engine and all was ok (after towing back home).

After that my engine idles lower than 900-800 rpm, it starts all right, and even drives ok, but if you floor it first and second gear to maximum RPM, after you just stop, you will see it idle around 200 rpm or lower.

Did check all conections on the throtle body and all, haven't found any unpluged.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks!

RonJ

Banned
Any CEL codes?

Is the air filter soaked with water?

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Nope no signs of any lights or anything.

Also no sig of electrical problems... I'll send to a repair shop tomorrow, I'll post what hell is going on later!

quick86

Uhh.... What?
5+ Year Member
What all did you check when you got it home? did you make sure there was no moisture in the distributor? What about your plugs/wires, if the water was that high I would suggest checking them as well.

sarquez

5+ Year Member
What all did you check when you got it home? did you make sure there was no moisture in the distributor? What about your plugs/wires, if the water was that high I would suggest checking them as well.
Everything removed, and some parts changed, Air filter, Spark plugs, and Wires changed.

Headgasket opened and checked for any internal damage... Nothing, all good. Oil changed.

So there was a checking on the engine.