D16Y7 air box / strut bar fit

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
This one is a Password:JDM intake with what seems to be a no-name eBay sway bar.

Found this one all over ebay for around $25.

Stliqn007

Found this one all over ebay for around $25.
If the adapter thing doesn't work out,i might consider removing it..might. Haven't had any problems with it so far, apart maybe from when I start it up and the box clamp hits the strut cuz of the vibrations.
Strut bar wise,It's kind of difficult to tell whether there's a difference. I think it's a bit more planted and less bouncy

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
i think thats just due to being that the car is mostly street driven everyday, doesn't really do much for street use but if you was racing heavily in autocross, circuit, and time attacks they do help a lot in cornering reduces chassis flexing so you can corner harder and faster. i don't have any strut bar in my car but its cause i don't need it in my application which is strictly drag racing

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's an idea on how to build a custom intake on a budget...
cai.jpg

Stliqn007

Well,this is what it came to today.
The adapter arrived,tried it. Didn't really work out too well since then I needed another hose for the breather hose to reach the air box,so I finally decided to cut it. And it actually still worked out! It's like it hasn't even been cut. I widened abit that hole and moved the clamp there.Fit like a glove overall.
So for anyone that's thought of putting a strut bar like I did,now u know how to make it work. Air box is all tucked in,no gaps or anything.
12583822_992115317527422_1794770964_n.jpg 12625957_992115314194089_511594250_n.jpg
Problem Solved :drive:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesnt that bar make noise being up against the air box with the engine vibration?
Also, what type of adapter are you referring to?

Stliqn007

Doesnt that bar make noise being up against the air box with the engine vibration?
Also, what type of adapter are you referring to?
makes a lot less noise now. Plus it only makes noise under heavy vibrations like when starting it up. Adapter,it's a sport filter adapter (the rubber connection).

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you visually observed the contact between the air box & the strut bar to make sure it wont lead to some sort of breakage at the intake joint? Noise implies at least slow damage being incurred so I wouldn't consider this a "solved problem" just yet. At least you're making progress.

Stliqn007

Have you visually observed the contact between the air box & the strut bar to make sure it wont lead to some sort of breakage at the intake joint? Noise implies at least slow damage being incurred so I wouldn't consider this a "solved problem" just yet. At least you're making progress.
No damage to the joints. Just some wear on the strut bar cuz of that clamp I moved. It was rubbing against the strut and was carving into the metal.I might put something to make it rub even less or try giving it abit more clearance