d16y7 auto to manual tranny swap

ej6_1021

teamStreetGeekz
5+ Year Member
okay, so i want to do a auto to manual swap with my d16y7 & so i was wondering how much everything would cost me total?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your doing it yourself, parts will cost about $400-500 or so. If your having a shop do it for you, double that. Looking at almost a grand. I just did it to my Y7, and it made ALL the difference in the world. Trust me, you'll love it once its 5spd. :thumbs up

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your doing it yourself, parts will cost about $400-500 or so. If your having a shop do it for you, double that. Looking at almost a grand. I just did it to my Y7, and it made ALL the difference in the world. Trust me, you'll love it once its 5spd. :thumbs up
Wow, that's all? I thought it would be more than that.

ej6_1021

teamStreetGeekz
5+ Year Member
so every little thing i need to turn my car into a 5spd is 400-500? and i also heard its bad to swap auto tranny to manual, how is it going for yours?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's the exact same thing, there is a difference between a Y7 and Y8 transmission but it's still a five speed

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A Y7 motor w/a Y8 tranny will be just fine. The gearing in the Y8 is shorter, so you will be abit quicker compared to a Y7 tranny. As far as problems, what problems are you concerned with? I swapped mine 2 months ago, and Ive beaten the hell outta mine. The car and tranny is still running strong. :thumbup:

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my swap was around probably 700 bucks. took me a few days to do it...it was my first time doing it. there was also alot of screwing around too...
check out this
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1337459
this is the thread i followed..theres a few others i have bookmarked too lemme know if you want em or any other info.