D16y7 ecu tune

staticfitment

Hey guys so I was curious, is there and ecu tune for the d16y7? One that won't dry out my bank account, but won't destroy my daily? My car is my daily and mainly built for stance, but every once and awhile I want a little more get up and go. Since it's my daily and I work seven days a week I don't have the time to rip it apart and do the mini me swap or anything like a turbo build. So I was just curious if an ecu tune was possible! Thanks guys!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is, but it won't do anything. These aren't VW's. They don't respond to just a tune. You need to give it a reason....like putting in a turbo system.

The motor in your car was built for gas mileage. Only way to get REAL power out of it...power worth the money is to boost it or break your wallet and build the hell out of the internals. Bolt ons don't do squat.

When it comes to d-series motors your only options for power are 1) boost, 2) built the hell out of it from the inside out, 3) drop it and throw in a bigger motor.

adolphus hardy

yea you either need boost or engine swap and since its your daily i would find a b18b that you hear running before purchase and swap it in