D16y7 rebuild questions

So my 96 civic engine blew due to low oil and leaking into the cumbustion chambers. I removed the engine from the car, took the head off and noticed the valves where off and crusty with burned grey stuff. I removed the oil pan i noticed the part that conects the fourth piston rod to the crankshat was dangling around the shaft and the reast where conected and the piston heads looked burned. Soo im not sure if it will be cheap lmk what i need i got tools lol

Frankenboost99

So my 96 civic engine blew due to low oil and leaking into the cumbustion chambers. I removed the engine from the car, took the head off and noticed the valves where off and crusty with burned grey stuff. I removed the oil pan i noticed the part that conects the fourth piston rod to the crankshat was dangling around the shaft and the reast where conected and the piston heads looked burned. Soo im not sure if it will be cheap lmk what i need i got tools lol
Sounds like your piston rings are shot causing blowby in the cylinders and your main rod cap is shot, while you could rebuild, you'd end up spending more than a used engine would cost you.

Should you decide to rebuild anyway you're looking at a full teardown down, probably new rods and bearings, new piston rings, and possibly pistons, the head will need to be rebuilt ( of the valves are bent they will need replacing. They are 10-17$ each and you'll need 16 of them.) The block will need honing and machine decking, new gaskets all around, and various other parts and tools.

I'm in the middle of a full rebuild on my y7, so I can vouch for the cost. Whatever you do, don't cut costs by buying cheap parts. When in doubt, order OE replacements of ebay knockoffs.