D16Y7 Sluggish

exit341.autoresc

Hello guys I'm new to a civic build,I also live in the U.S.V.I so we have a lot of hills that we drive..I took my stock d16y7 and installed a Turbo with only arp head studs and new rings and bearings and a gsr computer just for a cool daily driver for now..but those hills when trying to climbs then it's like I shut of the key...it just turns off..any suggestions.. please?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hello guys I'm new to a civic build,I also live in the U.S.V.I so we have a lot of hills that we drive..I took my stock d16y7 and installed a Turbo with only arp head studs and new rings and bearings and a gsr computer just for a cool daily driver for now..but those hills when trying to climbs then it's like I shut of the key...it just turns off..any suggestions.. please?

@exit341.autoresc I've asked you three times to please create your own thread. Three times you have posted in someone elses thread with the exact same issues. So I went ahead and created this thread for you. PLEASE keep the issues related to you car in this thread and this thread only. If you don't understand, please message me for help, rather than reposting the same issue in someone elses thread.

In addition, myself and others have replied to you. I will ask again.. IS THE CAR TUNED? If it is not, this is your problem.

exit341.autoresc

There's no engine stand alone engine management

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you installed a turbo kit on your d16y7 motor..and then used a gsr ecu?...of course it's not going to work.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You need the correct ECU and a correct tune, or else it will not work. I would remove the turbo and go back to the stock ECU, or risk blowing up and ruining your motor completely (if not already)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need the correct ECU and a correct tune, or else it will not work. I would remove the turbo and go back to the stock ECU, or risk blowing up and ruining your motor completely (if not already)
... then get the stock ECU tuned by a reputable shop. Research how to properly set up a turbo system and having the ECU tuned is one of the most basic and important parts of it. If you dont know that, its likely you did something else wrong.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you installed a turbo kit on your d16y7 motor..and then used a gsr ecu?...of course it's not going to work.
Id like to hear your reason as to why and how you chose a GSR (whichever of the many years) ECU.

EK4joe

Your fueling is going to be way out dude especially running a single cam with a twin cam ecu , get a chipped ecu or hondata ect and go for a remap. I'd advise upgrading the injectors too.

If the d16y7 is anything like the d16z6 we get here in the uk they respond very well to boost with a few upgrades.