d16y7 to d16y7

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
i have a 2000 civic dx with a d16y7. right now my engine is knocking :x and im trying to just swap another d16y7 into it due to money shortages. do i need a new ecu or anything or can i just swap a new/used d16y7 engine and tranny into my car? just wondering if i need anything new except for the engine and tranny. deffinately going to buy a new clutch since i have a good chance to take the old one out.

Thanks in advance.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
im not sure what year the other engine is. im getting it from a pick and pull place. they said they tested it and its good

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure what year the other engine is. im getting it from a pick and pull place. they said they tested it and its good
If it was pulled out as one unit, the trans should have a green VIN plate on it where it mates up to the engine, just next to the engine code. Assuming the trans wasn't replaced on THAT setup, it SHOULD give you the info on the donor car if they cannot provide it.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Really you could take everything off of your engine (dizzy etc/ everything OBD2b related) and swap it onto the new longblock.