Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My stock fuel filter is black too.....

JDMDRIVEREK

I did something similar at first...

Last edited:

JDMDRIVEREK

With the Y7 Cold-Air....Can u post pic of which direction it goes down past the block?
I will buy piping after the IM is on to get more air'feed...I live in FL so the weather is always deacent...!

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the manifold swap you have to get a mani for an auto to auto or can you use one from a manual to swap into an auto?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the manifold swap you have to get a mani for an auto to auto or can you use one from a manual to swap into an auto?
alot of people prefer the auto because the IACV is located else where. exactly like the y7. the manual y8 has their IAVC behind the manifold like the others. only issue is that you'll have to find something to block the 2 holes or else your going to have a huge vacuum leak.

I just did this swap not to long ago and i ran into a shitloads of issues LOL. now i know the entire thing like the back of my hand.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i see you have a autozone fuel filter, mines seems to leak from the banjo bolt for some weird reason. did you torque yours or use that 3rd small gasket?
Not my ride. :what:

I have a Y8. I just remembered a similar conversation and someone posting that pic, so I grabbed it. I think it looks fine, so it was just a suggestion to save the OP some time.

JDMDRIVEREK

I gotcha thanks bro. Well I have a y8 Manual IM....an my car is an Auto...I'll either keep what i have or go snag the 1 across the street from the Auto IM...
Thanks..
Good luck to the OP.....