D16y7

da hulk

5+ Year Member
i have a all i have on my d16y7 are cold air intake, headers, exhaust, short shifter. what would be the next thing to do that would be the cheapest?????please help!

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a y7 in my current crx... and it sucks.. work on suspension and brakes if you want to make your car more fun, because your not gonna get very far on that motor.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Umm, you're about at your limit with that motor, but you could go FI or up the compression.. Neither is going to be cheap though..

da hulk

5+ Year Member
im kindof new at all this engine stuff but i heard i could put a turbo.......o yeah and someone told me to change my intake manifold which one should i do next???

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
which intake manifold should you switch to? Umm z6 or y8..

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sundown said:
which intake manifold should you switch to? Umm z6 or y8..
for a couple of pointless ponies to put through your shitty geared trans? why bother

hardcordior

Racing
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a better clutch then start pieceing together a turbo kit. i put down 252 hp on a gt28r on a stock bottom end d16

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a Z6 head on a Y7 bottome end. If you are wanting a reliable F/I setup be prepared to spend some cash on forged parts. If you want something quick and cheap but not that reliable look into a turbo kit with a decent tune.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
all go no show said:
for a couple of pointless ponies to put through your shitty geared trans? why bother
Which trans are you referring to? hopefully not an lx because I dont have one.. and the op might not either..

Edit: maybe he does :lol:..

Essasin

Dock's Garage/TCustoms
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm suprised nobody is mentioning the mini me head swap ... still cheaper than building a turbo kit...and produces about 20HP if i'm not mistaking

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
definity do a mini me.....maybe a new cam..?

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sundown said:
Edit: maybe he does :lol:..
yeah i was referring to the lx.. i assume thats what he has, because anyone with a 97 lx, who would ask a question like this, probably is still sittng on the stock tranny.

da hulk

5+ Year Member
whats a mini me head swap........how much does it cost??? o and yea i still have the stock tranny

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
all go no show said:
yeah i was referring to the lx.. i assume thats what he has, because anyone with a 97 lx, who would ask a question like this, probably is still sittng on the stock tranny.
I gotcha ;)..

mini me = vtec head.. z6, y8, etc etc..

edit again: its more than just the head though.. forgot to mention that..

shawn96

5+ Year Member
You should definately swap out that y7 tranny an get a z6 or y8 tranny. While your at it get a nice clutch set up & flywheel.

da hulk

5+ Year Member
well i jus got a tranny bout 1 yr ago dont know wich one though i think still da same.......where do i frind the vtech head you talking about to do a mini head swap.....how much do you guys think it will cost??

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For sale threads, junkyards, etc. Around $100 for the head.

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id say do a y8 head swap and do vtech but the wiring aqnd s**t for that into your exhisting ecu is a b***h i can imagine never done it but thats just what i figure. i would also change the intake to a side port instead of one that points up i also and a y7 and even to make 3 point strut bars fit it seems youd have to get a new i9ntake manifold i would sugjest the kunk 2 ones. then id say build it and turbo it. im not 1 for running turbo on stock engine but do what u want. my opinion either save up for a new car or save for a b18 swap

da hulk

5+ Year Member
i really dont wanna do a swap or get new car ive been having dis kar for 2 years an had no problems and anyways got to much s**t put into it already........so im not doing a swap or a new car thanks tho......anymore suggestions????please