D16y8 intake manifold

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Tried to look this up on google but the only thing that came up was y7 to y8 intake manifold swaps. What i am asking is i just bought a new car today and the intake manifold dose not have the spot for a iacv and the idle is funny what ecu would i need to run this or should i just swap it out?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wtf, the IACV is on the throttle body, not the intake manifold. You dont need to have an iacv anyway. You can just adjust the idle at the throttle body ans be done with it. It's not something you'd be changing with a chipped ecu

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Wtf, the IACV is on the throttle body, not the intake manifold. You dont need to have an iacv anyway. You can just adjust the idle at the throttle body ans be done with it. It's not something you'd be changing with a chipped ecu

You are telling me this is mounted on the throttle body? I really thought the map and tps sensor was on the throttle body.
hxxp://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Idle-Air-Control-Valve/1996-Honda-Civic/_/N-j5kujZ9gsof?itemIdentifier=167677_0_0_1101%2C3498

And you cant adjust a bouncing idle by the throttle body i do not no where you got anything about a chipped ecu but the cel light is blinking dont know why but i was guess that it is because the car has no iacv.

[/attach]

See one has no place for a iacv and one dose now what ecu do i need to run so the rpms do not bounce thats what i want to know.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sleeper si

Registered VIP
you need the iacv otherwise the idle will be shitty.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need the iacv otherwise the idle will be s***ty.
You don't need an IACV, or a FITV for that matter. They are used to pretty much ramp up the idle to warm up the car, and once it's at operating temperatures, they really aren't used a whole lot.

My 95 DX had a fault FITV (The spring was stuck closed), and a totally clogged IACV. The car would idle very randomly until it was warmed up and then drove / idled smooth as butter. Most people ditch them because they cause so many issues with the idle.

[/attach]

See one has no place for a iacv and one dose now what ecu do i need to run so the rpms do not bounce thats what i want to know.
Swap the throttle body with the same IM. I don't remember which is which, if the Y7 came with it mounted on the IM and NOT on the TB, dump both parts for the Y8 IM and TB.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
You don't need an IACV, or a FITV for that matter. They are used to pretty much ramp up the idle to warm up the car, and once it's at operating temperatures, they really aren't used a whole lot.

My 95 DX had a fault FITV (The spring was stuck closed), and a totally clogged IACV. The car would idle very randomly until it was warmed up and then drove / idled smooth as butter. Most people ditch them because they cause so many issues with the idle.

Swap the throttle body with the same IM. I don't remember which is which, if the Y7 came with it mounted on the IM and NOT on the TB, dump both parts for the Y8 IM and TB.
well i wanted to ditch it on my car as well. I plugged it and the idle became crappy when you put on the headlights, put on the ac, turn on the rear defrosters. when you drive the car as a daily and encounter all four seasons each year ranging in temperatures from -30 degrees celcius to 30 degrees celcius driving without one is gonna one pain in the butt my friend.

RonJ

Banned
95 Civic with a D16Y8 swap - What ECU?

All D16Y7 IACVs are mounted on the TB, as is the D16Y8 IACV with an auto transmission.

The IACV of the D16Y8 with a manual transmission is mounted on the rear of the IM.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the idle is funny what ecu would i need to run this or should i just swap it out?
You are telling me this is mounted on the throttle body? I really thought the map and tps sensor was on the throttle body

And you cant adjust a bouncing idle by the throttle body i do not no where you got anything about a chipped ecu but the cel light is blinking dont know why but i was guess that it is because the car has no iacv.
Yes the iacv is on the throttle body along with the damn tps and map sensor. Is that so hard to understand. I got the ecu part from your original post asking about what ecu to use, all stock ecus work the same so I assumed you considered a chipped ecu to fix your problem. You cant fix a bouncing idle but you can make the idle smoother. I dont run a iacv on my car and I have a smooth idle all day everyday. Good luck with your issues...:roll:

sleeper si

Registered VIP
[/attach]

I can totally understand your grief, been there before and now my idle is acting up too.
so your iacv is missing? did you check to make sure your base idle is set? If I could run my car everyday without an IACV i would. If you have an IACV try cleaning it with brake cleaner, usually they are dirty.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
95 Civic with a D16Y8 swap - What ECU?

All D16Y7 IACVs are mounted on the TB, as is the D16Y8 IACV with an auto transmission.

The IACV of the D16Y8 with a manual transmission is mounted on the rear of the IM.

The car is a 96 civic with a stock d16y8 5 speed. The car has a chiped p28 ecu this is how i got it i have a virgin p28 ecu i am going to replace it with to see if anything changes.

Yes the iacv is on the throttle body along with the damn tps and map sensor. Is that so hard to understand. I got the ecu part from your original post asking about what ecu to use, all stock ecus work the same so I assumed you considered a chipped ecu to fix your problem. You cant fix a bouncing idle but you can make the idle smoother. I dont run a iacv on my car and I have a smooth idle all day everyday. Good luck with your issues...:roll:
The idle is very smooth runs between 800-900 Rpms. As for the ecu part i just didnt no if there was a certain ecu i should run with it not having this sorry for the confusion.

RonJ

Banned
Can't view your video. What codes do the CEL blink?

Your first post failed to provide key information about your car and engine. Why are you using an OBD1 ECU in an OBD2a Civic that should use a P2P ECU?

Is the IM from a 96-98 Y8 or from a 99-00 Y8 that has the FIA system?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

RonJ

Banned
The ECU is throwing at least 2 different CEL codes (possibly codes 41 and 14?), but the video is truncated at both ends. Reshoot the video and start it before you turn the key to ON(II) with the connector jumped and run the video longer until the codes repeat.