d16y8 or a b16a2

97turbo

5+ Year Member
The pros and cons of fully building and boosting a d16y8 and b16a2. Would a fully built b16a2 be faster than a fully built and boosted d16y8?

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet jesus yet, sohc to dohc, i sugguest you do some research, it would help

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fully built DOHC > Fully built SOHC

feenbox

5+ Year Member
A d16y8 can handle up to 220bhp thou, I'm in the same boat as you! Everyone is telling me to go for the b16a conversion but I feel that the d16 can be alot easier installed, time wise and money wise!

I might just go for the d16y8 and supercharge it or maybe even turbo it not sure yet!

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo the d, it'll be a fraction of the cost of the fully built b-series if u go all out on the d16.

97turbo

5+ Year Member
well so far i have the d16 fully built (besides headwork) and i turboed it. but i also have the b16 at my house wating to be built. and was trying to figure out if it was worth it to build the b16 or finish the d16

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not slap the turbo stuff on the b16........ the only thing you would have to buy is a new header, change the fuel s**t a bit and get it tuned. with little odds and ends here and there......

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you have a fully built bottom end why not boost that motor? if you want to do a B just save and build that motor while the D is in the car.