d16y8 turbo ecu?

highhopes

whats a good chip i can get that pretty much gonna be plug and play cause i really dont wanna pay big bucks for a dyno tune, links please:?:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a chip is just a base for a tune..if you dont wanna get a tune, dont turbo it..it'd be useless and your motor will hate you for it and go to motor heaven

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A full tune is to turbo just like gas is to your car. It is a MUST! no chip is going to give you what you are looking for.

highhopes

well looks like there no jew way outa this lol, thanks guys

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like a recipe for disaster. and you cant chip your ecu

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its fine dude. just i most cases with chips, they do more harm than good. a good chip/ecu set up to go with for tubro is hondata, but its pricey, not as pricey as the aem engine management though. or swap to obd1, and you can get a chip for that such as the hondata s100 or 200

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
need a obd1 ecu with a conversion harness or but a hondata one

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The tune is the MOST important part of the turbo setup. More important than the turbo itself.

Similar example, we supercharged my friends Dakota 4.7L V8. Ran great for 2 weeks, but he wasn't tuned. Hit fuel cut off, ran lean, and instant detonation. Needless to say $8000 later (supercharger + parts were about $2500, about $500 for an actual mechanic to diagnose it, and $5000+ for a new motor.

In short, if you boost, get it tuned. It WILL be worth the money.

highhopes

yeah this is true, i cant really find a place that will do it for me either, i live in north jersey and there is like one speed shop by me and i dont think they do that kinda stuff

mcivice199_6x

5+ Year Member
i got a p28 with the chrome chip in it and tuned to the car from a local shop and it cost about 200 for everthing and it runs great.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah this is true, i cant really find a place that will do it for me either, i live in north jersey and there is like one speed shop by me and i dont think they do that kinda stuff
There is a shop in Long Island NY that can tune your car. Its called NRGtech