d16y8 turbo in need of help.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Andy's autosports has terrible customer service and terrible everything. Also CX Racing is a major brand on ebay turbo kits. Just search CX racing on ebay and see for your self. If I was to get a turbo kit off ebay it'd be godspeed. The godspeed kit for d series is like $600. I thought about getting one for shits and giggles before

sleeper si

Registered VIP
Andy's autosports has terrible customer service and terrible everything. Also CX Racing is a major brand on ebay turbo kits. Just search CX racing on ebay and see for your self. If I was to get a turbo kit off ebay it'd be godspeed. The godspeed kit for d series is like $600. I thought about getting one for s***s and giggles before
i was planning on getting a fleabay kit for the misses civic after i build up her motor:lol:

with a turbo I too like to hit the pedal to the floor when merging into the highway and taking off from red lights. I am not street racing but the car feels good when you kick it.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
32 mph is good, I was putting $20 in the tank everywhere I went. Lol. Felt like you could watch the gas gauge go down.
It was rural driving like 50mph for about 10 miles with a few intersections. Always put a smile on my face getting gas every 10-12days.

its not a ebay turbo, its a andys auto sports, cx racing turbo kit
cx racing, ebay all that way

Andy's Autosport is the non-stop shop for all things ricer (for the most part)

alright im going to see if aem can tune it so it is emissions legal. if not i can just pull the waste gate spring and not run any boost and pass emmisions that way?
Again, why not smog it THEN boost it?

msafford

i thot it would be a step up from ebay, guess not. so its not a good idea?

msafford

can anyone send me to where i can get a good turbo kit for under 1500 bucks, or a good ebay company??

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I spent all the money on my setup and get the same if not better MPG and dont stomp on it at red lights because im not a dumb ass kid anymore. However I do have my track days that are awesome. Can't wait to see the MPGs when I drive back home.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
I don't know about smog, or anything since I don't have to smog where I live, But Greg @ go-autoworks can help you with whatever you need as far as turbo a car. They have a street kit for $2000 and it uses good quality parts. Who knows he might could hook you up if you give them a call. Ebay kits will normally have fitment problems you'll have to get random stuff here and there. Usually make your own dumptube, etc. That's to good part about going with a good brand like go-autoworks. You know all the fitment will be great and if you have any problems you can contact them and they'll help you out. But on a serious note. You do need injectors, fuel pump, fuel management with a tune. Do not drive a boosted car without a tune...

Here's the go autoworks street kit http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gostkit.html

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Again, why not smog it THEN boost it?
NYS has emissions every year. He can pass, but then a year later it's back to the same thing. A year goes by quick, especially if the car is garaged for the winter.

can anyone send me to where i can get a good turbo kit for under 1500 bucks, or a good ebay company??
Check out Go-Autoworks! I got my kit there and I absolutely love it. Fitment was spot on. I broke a couple heavy duty turbo clamps during my build and he overnighted me a couple more for no cost. Greg is a really nice dude and will help you out for sure!

I don't know about smog, or anything since I don't have to smog where I live, But Greg @ go-autoworks can help you with whatever you need as far as turbo a car. They have a street kit for $2000 and it uses good quality parts. Who knows he might could hook you up if you give them a call. Ebay kits will normally have fitment problems you'll have to get random stuff here and there. Usually make your own dumptube, etc. That's to good part about going with a good brand like go-autoworks. You know all the fitment will be great and if you have any problems you can contact them and they'll help you out. But on a serious note. You do need injectors, fuel pump, fuel management with a tune. Do not drive a boosted car without a tune...

Here's the go autoworks street kit http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gostkit.html
:thumbs up

msafford

the problem there is after all the engine parts and tunning im lookin at 4,000+++. i don't have that kinda $$$$

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the problem there is after all the engine parts and tunning im lookin at 4,000+++. i don't have that kinda $$$$
If you want it done right, you gotta pay to play.

With that being said, it cost less than that for his kit, but I spent $ also on an ECU, ODB2-ODB1 harness, Injector Dynamics injectors, and $450 to have it dyno tuned and then street tuned for being a daily driver. Total, I probably spent close to $3500, not counting the $ spent towards a wiring harness and ELD issue that was driving me bonkers.

I did all that when I was 21 and was on a 6 month co-op. I just ended up taking out a loan for $3500, buying all the s**t, then repaid the loan over those 6 months. That way I was able to build without having to wait for the funds, AND was able to build credit by repaying the loan on time. Win-Win IMO. High interest rate, but I paid it back quickly so it wasn't bad at all.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Godspeed kit is decent quality actually. The turbo is balanced and ready to go. You might have to cut intercooler piping. Everything else works fine. Check wastegate and bov for metal shavings though. Most likely getting it smog legal is not going to be worth the financial burden. Try and look for easy shops to get it approved. Best thing to do in my guess is find someone who has a turboed Honda and ask them in your area.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
NYS has emissions every year. He can pass, but then a year later it's back to the same thing. A year goes by quick, especially if the car is garaged for the winter.

Check out Go-Autoworks! I got my kit there and I absolutely love it. Fitment was spot on. I broke a couple heavy duty turbo clamps during my build and he overnighted me a couple more for no cost. Greg is a really nice dude and will help you out for sure!

:thumbs up
You think this car will be garaged? It probably wouldn't last a whole year lol.

msafford

well the car will be garaged for the winter. but i think that ebay turbos get a bad rep cause of the idiots out there that buy the 5-600 dollar turbo kit, having no idea how to work on a modern day engine. and just throw them on without looking at the product for faultys, not taking the necesary procedures for installing the equipment correctly and just not supporting the turbo. and then just beat the living piss out of them and blaming it on the turbo kit for theyre own stupidity. but if it is the turbo kit and theyre stupidity i will let you know when i complete the build this winter.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
No their are plenty of s**t quality turbos that will and can either blow up themselves or blow up your engine. That's not limited to just the turbo but also the eBay brand turbo components

sleeper si

Registered VIP
No their are plenty of s*** quality turbos that will and can either blow up themselves or blow up your engine. That's not limited to just the turbo but also the eBay brand turbo components
people flock over to fleabay for a reason and quality is not one of them.:lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
but if it is the turbo kit and theyre stupidity i will let you know when i complete the build this winter.
their*

No their are plenty of s*** quality turbos that will and can either blow up themselves or blow up your engine. That's not limited to just the turbo but also the eBay brand turbo components
there*

:lol: Sorry, had to haha

people flock over to fleabay for a reason and quality is not one of them.:lol:
It depends. Sometimes you can find quality parts on there for cheaper though. Half my turbo build was from eBay, and minus my exhaust, it's all quality parts :thumbs up

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Ugh their is showing possession while there is place. I guess it falls more under place than possession damn it