but they just offered me a jdm b16
sir or d16y8
because i can use the turbo for either one i just gotta change the manifold
the b is 450 by the way no tranny
let me know

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
b16a for only $450? whats wrong with it?

also, whats your budget? because the parts needed to build the d for boost plus tuning will be pretty expensive but so will a tranny (assuming youll go with an LSD tranny)

YAYO951

YAYO951
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok My Budget Aint Tight
Nothings Wrong With It I Already Comp Tested It Just No Tranny
But The B Does Sound Good Tho
Wats A Good Tranny That Wont Give Me Problems

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get an itr tranny :drool:

if youve got an extra few thousand lying around

YAYO951

YAYO951
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^^^^^^
well idk but in thinkin of going juiced on it so will it matter

YAYO951

YAYO951
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i bought it b16a on a ex sounds sick
wat u guys think to get more hp from it tho

96civicrunner

5+ Year Member
More power out of the B16? Well... your gonna boost it anyways since you said haha... so there you go boost it and get a GSR tranny... my experiences with a si tranny for boost was not too friendly.

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would take the B16 over the D, especially for that price. you can pick up a B16 tranny for 350 and you're all set (assuming you have mounts/linkage/etc and the longblock is complete)

YAYO951

YAYO951
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would take the B16 over the D, especially for that price. you can pick up a B16 tranny for 350 and you're all set (assuming you have mounts/linkage/etc and the longblock is complete)
YESSIR WELL I WAS GUNA BOOST IT BUT I RATHER HAVE JUICE
LOL
SO I MIGHT TRY THAT
ANY ONE KNOW WHO WANTS A TURB STAGE 1 GREDDY TURBO

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
ok so you are bitching about money but you wanna throw a bottle on the b***h instead of a turbo???? WTF pros and cons bro pros and cons a bottle is a little less for a kit than a turbo depending a turbo is constant boost and doesnt cost to boost and a bottle is expensive to refill and dont tell me once you have a bottle you wont squeeze it cuz you are a liar lol and boost is more adjustible than a bottle.... that B16 loves high rpm and how can you even compare a b16 to a d16????? do some reasearch bud and go get yourself a lsd tranny doesnt matter if is a si or gsr just make sure its LSD

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What spec is the B16A? It could be OBD0, those are usually cheap(cheap as in affordable) B16s. Very high mileage blocks, your going to have to rebuild em.

brent_si™

Ballers roll 20+ psi
5+ Year Member
My si is built boosted and im making 406whp on an si tranny. Trans is all stock just upgraded clutch and flywheel. Nitrous isn't going to give you any good #'s. Trust me a turbo kit is going to be all around more fun.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Turbo!!!!!! If I had the money I would go B with turbo but I'll have to settle with a D/turbo