d16z6 adding HP help?

djguillotte777

5+ Year Member
I was just wondering what else i could do to add horse power to my d16z6 .. i have a 1995 ex coupe sadly its automatic but so far ive added an intake and an exhaust system ... anything would help i want it to be naturally aspirated to. no turbo

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
I was just wondering what else i could do to add horse power to my d16z6 .. i have a 1995 ex coupe sadly its automatic but so far ive added an intake and an exhaust system ... anything would help i want it to be naturally aspirated to. no turbo
SKUNK2 Intake Manifold, 10.2mm Spark Plug Wires, Racing Spark Plugs, anyone else can give you a better list.

The more grounding you have in your car to the motor the better spark you get as well.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, use the search function.

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go back to stock intake..... It produces more torque which is more important than hp in an automatic...

kbrownmann

5+ Year Member
what kind of exhaust system do you have.. is it a cat back or all the way to the headers?

LU!$

5+ Year Member
lighter under crank pully, grounding kit, cam gear and cam shaft,

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
swap the motor. your not going to be satisfied with what you get from a na z6 for the amount of money you spent. the only way a z6 can make a good amount of power is boost. bolt ons do nothing for sohc motors.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swap the motor. your not going to be satisfied with what you get from a na z6 for the amount of money you spent. the only way a z6 can make a good amount of power is boost. bolt ons do nothing for sohc motors.
:word:

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not completely tue. You can build a n/a z6 and put down good power and then don't have to worry near as much about blowing s**t with boost. Bisimoto cam,valves/springs and good intake manifold will set you up with good bit of power.

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if ur gonna do that, get retainers too and some arp studs
True because his valves and cams actually require use of his retainers. Bisi is a prime example whith his 150mph 1/4 mile pass that an sohc can make power n/a. Granted he has a s**t ton of money in it and it is an insight but still.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not completely tue. You can build a n/a z6 and put down good power and then don't have to worry near as much about blowing s**t with boost. Bisimoto cam,valves/springs and good intake manifold will set you up with good bit of power.
read what i said carefuly. i didnt say you cant make power with a na z6. ive seen a few running 400 plus. thats the point i was making. if you want to spend $10000 - $20000 to build a na z6 by all means do it. youll get the numbers your looking for. but the very same numbers can be reached for as little as $3000 with boost.

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
read what i said carefuly. i didnt say you cant make power with a na z6. ive seen a few running 400 plus. thats the point i was making. if you want to spend $10000 - $20000 to build a na z6 by all means do it. youll get the numbers your looking for. but the very same numbers can be reached for as little as $3000 with boost.

You said the only way to make power is boost. Boltons do absolutely nothing. Thats where i said not true. Unless your refering to cai and exhaust your right but the on a bseries they are basicly useless as well. For a good boost kit you will spend around $2000 (if done right) and I am not talking hagard ass parts on top of the $1000 for the swap. Which leads me to wondering why you cant buy a good cam,intake mani and a few more mods and you'll have plenty of power without f**king anything up. I am not saying your gonna put down 400 hp but he said he only wanted a little more power not a street/track car.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You said the only way to make power is boost. Boltons do absolutely nothing. Thats where i said not true. Unless your refering to cai and exhaust your right but the on a bseries they are basicly useless as well. For a good boost kit you will spend around $2000 (if done right) and I am not talking hagard ass parts on top of the $1000 for the swap. Which leads me to wondering why you cant buy a good cam,intake mani and a few more mods and you'll have plenty of power without f**king anything up. I am not saying your gonna put down 400 hp but he said he only wanted a little more power not a street/track car.
Again read what i said carefully.

yes they can make power without boost but it will cost much much more to match the numbers if you go the na route. also the reason i said 3k for a decent turbo setup was because you have to factor in tuning. dyno time isnt cheap.