d16z6 head

luv4honda

gettin her ready
5+ Year Member
I just bought a new head for my 94 civic coupe, and I was wondering what was the best way to clean it and what lube to use on the cam lobes and rocker arms.

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member
The good old d16z6 man i love this engine. I tracked my eg with this engine for years and am still using it for the upcoming summer. Ne ways enough of my stories.

The first thing i would do is clean all the old gaskets off including intake manifold and rocker cover. take the head apart and clean it with varsal if possible. any shop should have a varsal tank and ussaly let you use it for free or buy a technican a coffee =) . I would inspect the head and make sure the valves and valve guides are ok and since your taking it apart change the valve seals. They are very cheap and make a difference when it comes to buring oil and valve life. I would also at this time get a new intake manifold gasket. very cheap and makes sure there is a proper seal. I wouldnt lubricate the head with anything special just use oil and tourqe everything to spec and you will be set. if its just a stock head. If you need any more help just msg me on here or add me to msn password_jdm@hotmail.com i have some very easy steps to port match the intake manifold to your head and a few tricks here and there. I have a huge love for single cams, and your can be very fun. I ran 15.6 last summer in my si eg hatch with a d16z6 with some minor work i did myself and i/h/e. good luck man.

luv4honda

gettin her ready
5+ Year Member
Yea i bought a head gasket set +bolts and got everything from the valve seals to the throttle body gasket so im good there. But yea, if you know any tips to get an few more extra ponies out of it, that would be great to know. Thanks.