D16z6 Ignition Coil Spring!

roc0487

5+ Year Member
Spring got bent somehow in the coil, local autoparts won't warantee. Anyone have one of these? I've looked damn near everywhere online.

roc0487

5+ Year Member
Called a UPulll in the area and they didn't have any ignition coils. A lot of the other places just deal with domestics.

RonJ

Banned
Called a UPulll in the area and they didn't have any ignition coils. A lot of the other places just deal with domestics.
I think the coil spring from other Hondas, like Integras, would also work. But if the yards only have domestics, then that's not much help.

CLX(99)

Those springs are hard to come across here in Northern California from what I have seen. Mostly all Honda's and Acura's have the dizzy taken. Your only choice may be getting a new coil since they are provided with one. But it seems pretty dumb that one has to waste close to 100 dollars just to replace a simple spring. Are you having issues with that spring?

I had a bent one at one time. but I did my best to straighten it out without causing further damage. I think as long as there is a contact between you coil and dizzy cap and not jumping the spark, you should be fine. (Correct me if I am wrong Ron)...... Good luck!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you kidding me? There are tons of u pull its in PA. take a ride

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can vouch for their interchangeability in Honda's and Acura's. I took one off of a GSR and put it on my Del Sol. :D Even worked from a b-series to a d-series.

roc0487

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, I'll make a few more calls and see what I can find.. And Jersey, I'd love to if I wasn't on house arrest. Doubt I could get a window to fix my civic, as dope as that would be.

roc0487

5+ Year Member
CLX, I have been tryin to figure out how these are getting bent up. When I have the cap off I always put it back on first, then drop the spark plug boots to try and prevent this. It might be something I did by mistake sliding the cap on, I'm not ruling that out, I have came to no conclusion as to what else would make this happen.