d16z6 or jdm d15b vtec

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so ive been looking all over my area and finally got two hits that look promising, one is a jdm d15b vtec with 130k miles on it, and the other is a rebuilt d16z6, now i asked the guy about the rebuilt motor and it says its rebuilt, only a few thousand miles on it, but he doesnt have any proof, put he just pulled it out of his DD, my question is, which would be a better choice? is there anyway to see if the motor has been worked on? at what point is the jdm motor better? ill provide the links.

z6 - http://stockton.craigslist.org/pts/1204306093.html

d15b - http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1208696558.html

they're both going for about the same price, i wondered why the rebuilt z6 would be so cheap but he cant prove its been rebuilt so i can understand.. i is skeptical!

95dxdriver

save the sohc
5+ Year Member
i would actually go with the d16z6 i have that same motor in my car as we speak and it is a strong engine and if your anything like me i cant help myself but to hit a fuelcut every once in a while or see how quick i can get to 130mph..anyway even if the z6 isnt rebuilt you can get it rebuilt yourself because believe me the z6 will take a beating there all but bullet-proof

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on a stock to stock basis , the advantage goes to the d15b. as far as building goes I think they are about even but the z6 may have he advantage there. As far as which of the 2 motors you are looking at? crap shoot on both. My choice? The d15b w/trans.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would actually go with the d16z6 i have that same motor in my car as we speak and it is a strong engine and if your anything like me i cant help myself but to hit a fuelcut every once in a while or see how quick i can get to 130mph..anyway even if the z6 isnt rebuilt you can get it rebuilt yourself because believe me the z6 will take a beating there all but bullet-proof
You're a tool.

I'd get the d15b, it has the more aggressive cam out of the two, and are near identical. I believe the cam and displacement are the only differences?? Plus, with your luck on z6's lately, lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
been covered a million times...
shoulda searched..

d15b
thread/

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well if the guy can't show proof that the d16 was rebuilt i would stay away from it

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dont believe the mileage dude.. Its all bullshit, they can say anything.

But im on the same boat, how is a D15B faster than a D16Z6?