d16z6 swap in eg combos

MINI MUGEN

HATCHY
5+ Year Member
ight guys im doin a z6 swap into my eg and i wanted to kno wat good combos along wit the y8 trans on the z6 and i think i heard about a y8 manifold on the z6 also ther are that will help make this motor better and take in mind its gonna b boosted so if u can help thanks:D

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y8 and z6 trannys have same gear ratios.

if your boosting just get a blox intake manifold

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What 'bout pay a bit more and get a skunk2 IM? Blox is good for budget build though.

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not an edelbrock victor X manifold? Heard there amazing for boost. z6 to me doesnt feel much faster then a b7, thats why I scrapped the idea of doing a z6 or d15b swap. Good thing your boosting it tho, that's all D's are good for.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What 'bout pay a bit more and get a skunk2 IM? Blox is good for budget build though.
blox and S2 is pretty much the same thing.

why pay more for the S2, when blox is pretty much identical?

MINI MUGEN

HATCHY
5+ Year Member
Why not an edelbrock victor X manifold? Heard there amazing for boost. z6 to me doesnt feel much faster then a b7, thats why I scrapped the idea of doing a z6 or d15b swap. Good thing your boosting it tho, that's all D's are good for.
cuz i think thers more parts for a z6 n thers vtec the motor and tranny are free so y not and i heard the y8 trans is better i dont lik d15b7s cuz ther are many parts out ther and dont feel lik doin a mini me swap

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but there are no aftermarket rods for the d15's. (yet, fjt is coming out with a set)

i'd go with the z6 trans due to the steel shift forks, the y8 has aluminum shift forks that bend easily.

i'd stick to the stock intake manifold, works fine for everyone else plus there is no evidence that a y8 intake manifold flows better than a z6. the best results ive seen is from port and polishing the head, but that was complementing additional head work. if you have money that you want to spend, buy a wideband and/or an EGT gauge.

get vitara pistons and i beam rod combo from fjt, that is the best bang for your buck.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There is too evidence that the y8 manifold flows better than the z6. I can't remember which magazine it was in but they compared the a6,z6, and y8, and the y8 had the greatest mani flow.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There is too evidence that the y8 manifold flows better than the z6. I can't remember which magazine it was in but they compared the a6,z6, and y8, and the y8 had the greatest mani flow.
ive searched and never found any dyno graphs on it. people claim like 2whp or some bs but not until i see a dyno graph will i support the y8 better than z6 theory.

you could just port your z6 mani and save some money.

fjt's website: http://www.fjdistributors.com/
thread on d-series: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80877

white_EG_sedan

peanut butter jelly time!
5+ Year Member
the skunk mani is nice but why buy it all it is...is an ITR mani witha damn sticker on it its a waste the plenuim is no lower ot better that the stock z6 . i'd just bore the oem one and up the throttle body size with a port and polish on the head i'd worry about the fuel delivery first