D16z6 vitara ecu tuning options?????

typerspec

5+ Year Member
hi im in the process in getting my d16z6 vitara turbo build breaking in.
i currently got the oem d16z6 ecu map inside my car running.
if i get enough money to go boost

whats a good ecu programs for tuning/??

im also very new to this. also on a budget and just want it to run/
i already got some of the turbo and piping just need some other like bovs etc.....

i want to know whats good ecu tuning program that i can also hook up to my laptop etc.
i got an air fuel ratio gauge. and still trying to learn about tuning etc. i have a vafc hack also now trying to tune
but i want an ecu program that i can use w/laptop;;;

need some help on this build....

typerspec

5+ Year Member
Chrome neptune hondata
which one would be the easiest and budget wise good ones. How about the tuning programs are the one i can use with a computer. are chrome etc. can i make tweaks on the computer with a usb or something and if it don't run right change the settings on the computer again???
or do i have to get chips or some sort. which one will be good and cost wise for tuning???? if i would get a basemap then change the settings later????

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I think Hondata is the only one you can do real time with, the others you need a datalogger and ROM editor + chip burner of some sort IIRC. Same with Neptune and ECtune and uberdata. I could be wrong.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
^ im not 100 percent sure but i believe you are correct sir
I am wrong, Netupe RTP can do real time. Was looking on my desktop and saw that I have it and totally forgot about it lol. You need the neptune demon package installed into you ecu mostly like Hondata.

Edit, wrong again. With the install of the Moates demon, you use ectune/netune/chrome/tunerpro and tune RT because the demon acts as a constant emulator. So it more or less can constantly "reflash" the ecu with out having to burn a new chip each time you make a change.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Just go hondata. You cant go wrong. Eventually you will need a real tune and any shop that tunes honda motors will tune with hondata.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Just go hondata. You cant go wrong. Eventually you will need a real tune and any shop that tunes honda motors will tune with hondata.
Not true, Dave Blundell (one of the founders of PGMFI.org) doesn't deal with them at all. While I remember this being a legal matter of some sort with product licensing and free downloading (maybe, it was something like that). Whether Dave was in the wrong or not, I have no idea but it did split the tuning community in half at least for some time. Most have probably gotten over it. And while typing this thing, I just remembered the last turbo honda I was in was tuned by Blundell with an S300. He doesn't have a personal relationship with them anymore, but can/will use the products if that is what the vehicle owner chooses.

Anyway, not EVERYONE uses Hondata. It is really what is preferred by the tuner. Most "good/competant" tuners can use several of the programs available. I would find a local tuner first with a good reputation and ask them what will be easier for you.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
^ hmm ok so what you just said is that if the shop is the producer of anti hondata then its still possible to get tuned with hondata??? Find local tune shop find what they tune with the end.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
^ hmm ok so what you just said is that if the shop is the producer of anti hondata then its still possible to get tuned with hondata??? Find local tune shop find what they tune with the end.
I said a competent tuner can tune with most softwares. I was just saying at one point a lot of tuners went away from Hondata over a certain situation, but it has been a long time and the reason most came back was simple economics. The S300 was a great product and now it isnt that expensive, so a good tuner stands to make more money by being to tune with more than one product. It's like a mechanic being able to work on more than one type of vehicle.

What I was saying to the OP was find a good local (at least closest) tuner and see what they say. You never know, they may only using a certain product and the OP has to switch or something.

typerspec

5+ Year Member
I said a competent tuner can tune with most softwares. I was just saying at one point a lot of tuners went away from Hondata over a certain situation, but it has been a long time and the reason most came back was simple economics. The S300 was a great product and now it isnt that expensive, so a good tuner stands to make more money by being to tune with more than one product. It's like a mechanic being able to work on more than one type of vehicle.

What I was saying to the OP was find a good local (at least closest) tuner and see what they say. You never know, they may only using a certain product and the OP has to switch or something.
is hondata plug and play like with a laptop or something?? Is it plug and play if i would like change the map to oem ecus like if some day i want to swap my car. stock car motors d16 to b16 etc. or can i download some base maps for turbo and try to tune it.. is it hard to tune. what places that i can download a basemap file online or somewhere like file save etc??/ i want to get to know how it actually would work. also like aem datalog compatible? like data stuff streaming to the computer. datalog. do u need to burn chips etc..
how about the crome software i downloaded a crome free software but don't know how it would work if i can hook up to a laptop and change basemaps etc.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think Hondata is the only one you can do real time with, the others you need a datalogger and ROM editor + chip burner of some sort IIRC. Same with Neptune and ECtune and uberdata. I could be wrong.
you can get crome free edition and install a moates ostrich and hulog for real time map editing, if i remember right that combo will cost $200 plus an ecu to install it in

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I am wrong, Netupe RTP can do real time. Was looking on my desktop and saw that I have it and totally forgot about it lol. You need the neptune demon package installed into you ecu mostly like Hondata.

Edit, wrong again. With the install of the Moates demon, you use ectune/netune/chrome/tunerpro and tune RT because the demon acts as a constant emulator. So it more or less can constantly "reflash" the ecu with out having to burn a new chip each time you make a change.
you can get crome free edition and install a moates ostrich and hulog for real time map editing, if i remember right that combo will cost $200 plus an ecu to install it in
:what: