d16z6 vs d16y8 ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmoto911

Built, not bought.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Research. You don't want us to hold your hand to do you?

Seriously though, sorry if I sound like an ass.. but you post way to many damn threads about stuff that is really easy to search for.

I typed "Honda engine codes" in google and the first site that popped up was this...
http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda_engine_codes.html

Same hp and tq for both. (well... 2 more from the y8..)
which.. basically answers this question.
z6 is obd1, thus easier to swap into an eg
y8 is obd2, so a lil harder of a swap, still easy because its a d though.

/thread.

Zach-R

SOHC powa!!!
5+ Year Member
BRAK54 said:
id go SOHC zc
OMG yes i had one in my cx. spanked all the dseries around. and i mean spanked em hard. I even took a slightly modded fox body mustang (yes it was a 302). lol
on my y8 vtec crossover is loud as s**t sometimes cant feel it but i can hear it nonetheless are y8 just like that or is something wrong with it. rofl

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmm i dunno is the zc easy to swap too

Zach-R

SOHC powa!!!
5+ Year Member
130 hp compared to a z6 125 hp. tq i dunno off hand i think the z6 has 106 ft-lbs but dont hold me to it.

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oic man i mite jus go wit the z6 i like them but does any one kno wat they will hit in the qtr for a decent driver??

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i think that u already got some answers in your 1/4 mile thread. 15.5-16.5 depending on the condition of the motor, the track, tires and driver. maybe low 15's

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would stick with the z6 because for one, they are everywhere and cheaper. way easier to find. and two, they came in an eg.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There is not any difference in swap difficulty. One has a different intkae temp and distributor, but you already have all the stuff to put either motor in there b/c there is a motor in your car.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The easiest thing to do would be to get the one with lower miles and/or cheaper.

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea tru the one imma get is gurrented (cant spell worth s**t) 40k miles or less, do i need to break it in at all when i swap it in.?

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fabian either way ur car is gonna be slow lol jk i say go z6 lol wen we gonna get that photo session done

seaton05261979

5+ Year Member
I say z6 only cause im building one right now. 2 more horsepower and 1 more on your torque isn't worth the headache of converting obd1 to obd 2. Also obd1 is not as picky and wont through so many codes at you when you start throwing aftermarket goodies under your hood.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d15b so you can be mad jdm

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
When you get an obd2 motor, you do not have to go to obd2. It is some wierd idea that I have seen over time. You have to use the intake temp sensor off the y8, big deal, ignore the fact that the y8 has a knock sensor, I ran the one I had in my car off of a p28, You can change out the distributor, which is the easy thing to do or rewire it. It is almost the same thing but better.

Status
Not open for further replies.