Daddy's Civic

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
i recently traded my accord wagon for for my new project/daily driver. I got a 97 Civic EX with a 2000 Si front end conversion. I have a lot of plans for it. but first thing first, do the maintenance. The suspension isn't great. cut springs. im coming from a car with full coilovers and i dont like this ride AT ALL! lol but i am already researching parts. intakes, headers, suspension. i hope i can get it ready by May for the Eibach meet.

Unfortunately the only pics i have are the ones i found on craigslist and one thread i found. it rained today, so i couldnt take pics like i wanted to do today.

I really appreciate ideas, suggestions and advice. I dont appreciate any form of HATER-ism.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: Clean ride man...

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very very clean from what i see

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
thanks for the compliments so far guys. i bought a new ignition tumbler cus u have to jiggle the key when u start the car. my hand cant take anymore abuse lol. its an easy fix right? (crosses fingers) also bought a new shift knob. i live in hot ass Phoenix, AZ. metal shift knobs a piping hot after they sit in the phx sun. got a nice resin shift knob on the way.

what are some opinions on megan, function form or BWR full coil overs? i had BWR on my wagon and i liked it alot. the ride was smooth and handled great whenever i took out on canyon runs. but i dont know how it would be on a civic.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
function and form is great, they ride good, great drop. thats what my sedan is on, and im pretty f**king low and it still rides fantastic

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
took some pics today. enjoy!

\

if your wondering what happened to the front..

victim of a chair falling off a truck and hitting the car. took the lip off and messed the paint up. gonna buy a new one and have the bumper repainted. already on the to-do list.

Caymanized

New to Civics... Be nice!
Very nice! Besides some touch up paint here and there, its grade A! Vtec or no? How much do the drag wheels weigh a piece if you know? I like!

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice car, I hate the parking atmosphere. Scary! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I'm serious.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Very nice! Besides some touch up paint here and there, its grade A! Vtec or no? How much do the drag wheels weigh a piece if you know? I like!
VTEC? o0oh yea..B18C5. not sure how much drags weigh, but those 15s shouldnt weigh no more then 17 pounds. not really sure. im actually looking to trade them looking for white rims, or gold rims or maybe all black rims.

very clean car man love the way its sitting and those black rims give good contrast
thanks! wait til i drop it more. im gonna probably get function form coil overs.

Looks pretty damn mint. I <3 EK coupes.
thanks! so do i. ive never owned a ek civic coupe. i use to have a 4 door like 4 years ago. got stolen.

Nice car, I hate the parking atmosphere. Scary! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I'm serious.
oh, im nervous too. but thats all i got. i got an alarm and also disable the car as well. gonna be getting some kill switches soon and gps tracking eventually. i may not keep this car for too long. if the right trade comes, ill trade this car.

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
I park under a tree that used to drop branches on my SRT all the time. I'd say with an overhang like that, you're safe (unless it's a rotten area). It looks mint though. I dig those wheels. If anything, go gold w/ a polished lip.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
I park under a tree that used to drop branches on my SRT all the time. I'd say with an overhang like that, you're safe (unless it's a rotten area). It looks mint though. I dig those wheels. If anything, go gold w/ a polished lip.
the tree doesn't do anything ot my car. ive been parking there for a year. its to protect the paint and since im surrounded by bigger cars, u dont really see my car.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
UPDATE: traded my drags for slip streams. i like how they look. im wiating for better sun light so i can take decent pics. i changed the metal type r style shift knob becaue its too hot where i live to have that. got this RAZO shift knob to replace it.

does anyone know if the lens on my fog lights can be replaced? id hate to buy an entire new set just to replace one lens. let me know..

Spencer_JDM

Clean ass EK... Use 2 have an EK til I totaled it lol went 2 an eg hatch n traded 4 an EF wantn 2 get another EK soon definitely my favorite style of civic

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Clean ass EK... Use 2 have an EK til I totaled it lol went 2 an eg hatch n traded 4 an EF wantn 2 get another EK soon definitely my favorite style of civic
thanks!

this is my second ek civic.the first one i had was a 97 4 door with a GSR swap. the most money ive even invested into a car. it was stolen 6 months after i got back from iraq when i moved to Phoenix. this is my very first coupe tho. im glad to be back with a chasis im familiar with.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
well my car was stolen. SIKE!

this week has been interesting. i traded the dr20s for black slipstreams. looks nice. changed the oil. it was really low, looked alil old and the oil filter was a b***h to take off. i put Royal Purple with a fram oil filter. ive bought a few parts too. order odyssey center caps, new ignition starter wire, new shift know, used spark plug wire cover.

been doing A LOT of research on what the suspension im gonna get. decided not to go with full coil overs. going with good shocks and lowering springs. i found some spring that lower the car 2.5 inches in the front and 2 in the back. not bad! wont be slammed, but it will look good,handle great and comfortable ride. gonna get smaller tires cus these look alil too meaty on the slips right now. i cant wait cus my back is killing me. looks like the front has tokico iluminas and lowering springs. but the back is cut stock springs and oem shocks. bounces too much.