lol wut is the point of this thread???

Jdawggrafics

4G Sold. 8^(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MyztikRacing said:
lol wut is the point of this thread???
That isn't polite and that sucks, but when it's wet, hello, it's going to own you if you let it.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Major scrapage all the way from the subframe to the front anti-sway bar.

And yeah, that last pic don't look so normal. (Or should I say first?)

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Last but not least, fogged headlight and a wheel/tire that's gonna need to be replaced.

Honda quoted me $2800 in repairs (including subframe, left lower a-arm, left knuckle, 2 hub parts, left endlink, left front, an alignment strut and for some reason.... 4 new wheels.)

I'm fixing it for less - the a-arm will be replaced as well as the endlink. ($140)

Alignment when all done = +$80 = $220

Tried installing the a-arm but it's too f**ked to remove by myself so that's probably gonna be another $100 for someone to install the new one for me.

Oh yeah...

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The good news...

Replaced struts... :suprise:

And I got a new a-arm and endlink... but who needs pics of those.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jdawggrafics said:
but when it's wet, hello, it's going to own you if you let it.
On the contrary, when it's wet - soaking wet... and you have good tires, it's okay.

But when it's DAMP - THAT'S dangerous because a tire cannot make the best use of it's traction properties (dry/wet) no matter how good a tire it is.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SlammedBlueEM2 said:
On the contrary, when it's wet - soaking wet... and you have good tires, it's okay.

But when it's DAMP - THAT'S dangerous because a tire cannot make the best use of it's traction properties (dry/wet) no matter how good a tire it is.
Yep! when it is damp the oil cars have leaked will float up on the water making it hella slippery. Once it rains good and proper the oil gets washed away and good tires can separate water from pavement.

Dude! that sucks about your car. Glad to see things are going back in order.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks.

When I get my car back, it's gonna be better than before... I hope. The Hayame's feel great so far. I had to drive the car to the body shop... with just the rears on, the car feels stock - but that's going 25MPH since the alignment is considerably f**ked.

I was thinking about driving at stock height for a while with the Hayame's on. The rear is at it's peak height and the car is just so nice and stiff. I can't wait to see how the car handles with my suspension set-up.

I totally forgot I purchased this, too.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude....so i have a question....what the hell happened???....i noticed to did about the same damage as me and have similar scars...but ur car is on the ground, how did u not mess up any of ur bumpers or any of the paint

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blue2k2 said:
dude....so i have a question....what the hell happened???....i noticed to did about the same damage as me and have similar scars...but ur car is on the ground, how did u not mess up any of ur bumpers or any of the paint
I got lucky... I really don't know how my bumper didn't take damage... I'd have to go back and look at the curb I went over, although my car was low enough to pretty much hit ANY curb.

And even if I did end up messing up the font bumper, I have another one a friend gave me sitting in my garage..

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ya I was gonna say you hit a curb...I was figuring you was trying to drift a FF in the wet.
BTW The F a arm is easy to replace. I hit a curb in my last honda because of a a*****e that cut me off and forced me into the curb. The reason you are going to need a new alignment is because they are replacing all the suspension components. Usually dont have to replce the spring cause those bad boys are VERY strong.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stupidly low?...first off, that is your opinion...and secondly, being that low has nothing to do with his car being that low, my car is at stock height and i sustained the same amount of damge doing the same thing.....moron

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sound Streamin' said:
That will teach you for having your car so stupidly low.
You're sadly mistaken. Apparently it didn't teach me anything on the lines of how much I should have my car lowered as I realize it could've been FAR worse. In fact, now that my car is fixed, it's actually lower than it was before. Don't worry, I was already aware of the risks of being at the height I am.

Your opinion of "stupidly low" is yours to keep. I've seen people do far more stupider things to their cars than go "stupidly low".

How stupidly low of you to think that ride height caused the accident. ;)

wiked7thgen

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zelly, car almost back from recoverey yet? u get alignment yet?

CURBS OWNZ ZELLY

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wiked7thgen said:
zelly, car almost back from recoverey yet? u get alignment yet?

CURBS OWNZ ZELLY
I got the alignment from Motorsport Technique and they did a shitty job.