Damn Mis Shift

lazii boi87

5+ Year Member
Hey today I was goin home when I started goin fast and right when i was about to flip to 4th gear i accidently hit 2nd gear and my rpm jumped but i quickly took it off gear but then after that i started goin at it again to see if everything was good and my car ran like a champ i got home i didnt smell anything odd and i turned my car back on and it souned ok so my question is there a possibility i mested somthin up pretty bad????

by the way i got a 97 civic with a gsr

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how high were your rpms when you shifted into that gear? and how the hell do you misshift to 2nd gear instead of 4th? I can understand 2nd to 3rd but wtf. It's straight down.

and you're fine.

The Russian

Mugen Wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it doesnt smell and still runs like it did before then your all good. Kids round here in shitty cars like ford fiesta's and citroen saxo's, and vauxhall/opel astra's redline theirs all the time going down the road in 1st and i see them doing that at least a few times a week. They'll blow their seal soon but hey if it was just once dont sweat it :thumbs up

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he misshift from 5th to 2nd which is possible..hard to do but possible. ull be ok. ive misshifted before and my car is fine.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It just depends how fast you were going when you were in 5th. If you were around 40-45mph, then your fine to shift into 2nd. Now, if you were going like 60+mph, you sir, will have some problems.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive gone from 5th to 4th unintentionally while trying to upshift into that imaginary 6th gear on the highway :smackself. when youre cruising at 3500rpm your hand just instinctively tries to put it in the next gear :lol:

but 5th to 2nd :shock: that's a big leap!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive gone from 5th to 4th unintentionally while trying to upshift into that imaginary 6th gear on the highway :smackself. when youre cruising at 3500rpm you hand just instinctively tries to put it in the next gear :lol:
I do that all the time, except my 6th gear is physically intact. ;)

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP said he was "GOING for forth gear, which means he was in third. He shifted into second instead of forth. He's probably a youngster and it can easily happen. I wouldn't worry to much if I were him, just don't make it a habit.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, I remember when I would drop my 91 vdub golf to 2nd from 5th just to get on the high way... good times.

Tranny never went, but the clutch did, then the car did.... through a fence and into a pole.

vid_man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow dude im still tryin to figure out how u got that one done....

lazii boi87

5+ Year Member
i think it shot up to like 96000 ish rpm i mean my cluster only gos to 8 and the needle whent a lil bit past 8 i doubt 10 and its my fault cause i was getting sleepy so i was like this will wake me up and when i was about to hit 4th gear :smackself and then after that i tried my car 2 more times and it ran all the way to 5th

lazii boi87

5+ Year Member
f**k yea i got scared cause u know some much work and it would suck if it was gone just like that