DarkCreep's 1999 Hatch Build Thread!! 56K go to CKY

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah ! 100% OEM DEPO

POSER ..................... ;)
LOL you gotta be kidding me.... I dont go around saying I have real s**t when I dont like your b***h ass... If I did have something fake I wouldnt be a pussy and deny it.

I bet you've never heard of Raybrig.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
drop it

even lower

and even lower

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
drop it

even lower

and even lower
Im hoping on going one more inch lower.

I got me an NRG CF duckbill with 3rd brake light.

Im happy with the product, but there were some fitment issues. The screws were a little too long for the inner holes though, it hits the wing. Only 3 holes lined up, so I had to enlarge the fourth. After I aligned it, it came out PERFECT. I highly recommend it, best $160 I ever spent.

Cant wait!

Reflection

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If your monitor is less than 17", im sorry for big pictures.

I got kicked out of ware house where I was taking the pics by some nice rent-a-cop. He kept apologizing for some reason.
Question: I am 100% sure that the Si grill will look better, but whats your guys' opinion on the fully painted one?

sicEKcoupe

5+ Year Member
LOOKS GOOD. I like the painted ex grille, i had to put one in mine for temp. when someone ripped the outside off my si grille off. I want a hatch back shells sooo bad. half temped to try to trade someone shells. Im gonna be honest here and tell you that i really dont like that plastic lip. If you flat black it for the time being it may look a tad better. If you get on JDMCARBOY.com they have a si lip thats pretty close to OE. If you ever get another one, please spend a tad bit more and get poly, instead of plastic. Anyways good job keeping it clean and nice wing. coming along.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
LOOKS GOOD. I like the painted ex grille, i had to put one in mine for temp. when someone ripped the outside off my si grille off. I want a hatch back shells sooo bad. half temped to try to trade someone shells. Im gonna be honest here and tell you that i really dont like that plastic lip. If you flat black it for the time being it may look a tad better. If you get on JDMCARBOY.com they have a si lip thats pretty close to OE. If you ever get another one, please spend a tad bit more and get poly, instead of plastic. Anyways good job keeping it clean and nice wing. coming along.
Hatches are awesome man, I love it!! Im not going to flat black it, im going to spray the promoter on then get it painted. It should be painted within the next 2 months.
I messaged you about the lip and if you wanted to trade plus cash. You never replied!
Thanks for the wing comment.

My latest addition is a painted valve cover. I searched high and low for this stupid can only to be dissapointed. I went to 2 kragens, 2 autozones, 2 pep boys, wal mart, Super Auto bacs, and Target. No one had it except a little muscle car shop about 3 miles from my house. I got home and the tip clogged within three seconds. I went again and they gave me 25% off of the next one which had a much better tip.

Too much talking here are the pictures.

Heres the aftermath of the paint can blowing up in my hand.

Valve covers BEFORE

So clean.. (I took off the VC off of my brothers D16A6 with a blown headgasket and it was BLACK :shock:!)

My little brothers and I.

First layer.

After 3 hours in the oven at 205 degrees

Ill get some better pictures, thall last till then.

Opinions? :suprise:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Not bad man:thumbup:
Thanks a lot!!

Sorry for giving you guys such shitty pictures. No more cell phone pics from me. I updated the VC pics, they are a bit grainy though.

Thats a pic of the Type-R style cloth I bought from Enycesam (great seller btw :P)

The lady bought it for me.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks sick so far man. Hope to see a killer finished product. keep it up!

JasonxEHS

5+ Year Member
where did you get the intake. ive got a strut tower bar but i cant put it on because my stock airbox is in the way. as much as i dont like you, youve got a clean car. cept the grill.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good, i vote for a simple B series swap now tho. anything, even an ls, anything is better than a d16. especially a y7

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good, i vote for a simple B series swap now tho. anything, even an ls, anything is better than a d16. especially a y7
Damn you beat me to it. I was going to say he should add an extra cam under the hood too :lol:.

VC color should probably be a little darker, it looks too bright.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I was going to swap to a B16A2 to finish off my Si replica. I bought the tranny for $800 from a shopand the axles from a junkyard. I was going to buy a complete motor off of a friend of mine, but when I got to his house with cash in hand, it was missing the ECU, and various sensors including the TPS and MAP. It really pissed me off and I was depressed for several days. Sure, I couldve bought all those but I barely had enough to buy what I bought.

The shop surprisingly let me return the tranny, and we used the store credit to swap a ZC into my brothers blown HG EF. The junk yard let me trade the axles for a JDM EF third license plate and a 96-98 Type R style grill.
With the saved money, I painted the car and bought misc. s**t, including ARP head studs for my turbo build.
where did you get the intake. ive got a strut tower bar but i cant put it on because my stock airbox is in the way. as much as i dont like you, youve got a clean car. cept the grill.
:shock: LOL! Why dont you like me?

The intake is a regular EX intake that you can get at any "tuner" store. All I did was added a 3" 90 degree elbow bend so I can install the intake. Doing so makes the intake much louder than a Y7 intake that already comes with the bend. I LOVE my intake set up.
Damn you beat me to it. I was going to say he should add an extra cam under the hood too :lol:.

VC color should probably be a little darker, it looks too bright.
Its the picture. I was looking at my VC next to a real Type-R one and they are VERY similar.

Thanks for the comments pps.